the green guide rod laser
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > the green guide rod laser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default the green guide rod laser

Were can I find the green guide rod laser for the Glock 27 I have looked ever were all I can find is the red one

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock27SC View Post
Were can I find the green guide rod laser for the Glock 27 I have looked ever were all I can find is the red one
First let me ask, why is it that you want one?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #3

Well they I heard and read forms and you can see longer and better with the green.net than the red, and I like the green better also

Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive never seen a green lasermax..?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 12-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well for those reasons I don't think you really need a laser at all. I can understand why people with tiny .380's want a laser to help aquire a target faster but in your case I don't see any need for it.

For me, replacing a part that involves the funcionality of the weapon with something that isn't necessarily a performace upgrade isn't wise. For example, if I replaced the plastic guide rod in my M9A1 for a metal one, that's an upgrade. If I replaced it with another cheasy plastic one but just with a laser, to me that's a downgrade.

Plus, if its extremely hard to find something like this, it's either A: rare & valuable or B: pointless. You can easily get a green Viridian laser that goes on rails or on back sights. If you MUST have a guide rod laser, you might have to settle with red, I haven't seen many at all let alone green.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Richey
Well for those reasons I don't think you really need a laser at all. I can understand why people with tiny .380's want a laser to help aquire a target faster but in your case I don't see any need for it.

For me, replacing a part that involves the funcionality of the weapon with something that isn't necessarily a performace upgrade isn't wise. For example, if I replaced the plastic guide rod in my M9A1 for a metal one, that's an upgrade. If I replaced it with another cheasy plastic one but just with a laser, to me that's a downgrade.

Plus, if its extremely hard to find something like this, it's either A: rare & valuable or B: pointless. You can easily get a green Viridian laser that goes on rails or on back sights. If you MUST have a guide rod laser, you might have to settle with red, I haven't seen many at all let alone green.
lasers are a great advantage on a firearm. Whether its draw and dryfire, or making an armed intruder think twice. It may just give you peace of mind if you are a less experienced shooter. A guide rod laser also gives you the advantage of being able to use all of your original holsters and equipment without buying new stuff. I don't think they are cheasy or a downgrade. If you want one, by all means, get one. You may not be able to find green, though.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Ive never heard of a green guide rod laser either. The reason you dont see many oeriod is that its a very small niche for lasers and limiting yourself to selling for only one specific gun isnt a good recipe in the addon market.

Ive always considered lasers a tactical disadvantage in that your giving yourself away in the dark. In daylight even the green ones are hard to see.

You also waste precious life and death micro seconds looking for a dot when you should have practiced using the sights or developing point and shoot skills...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #8

[QUOTE="JonM"]Ive never heard of a green guide rod laser either. The reason you dont see many oeriod is that its a very small niche for lasers and limiting yourself to selling for only one specific gun isnt a good recipe in the addon market.

Ive always considered lasers a tactical disadvantage in that your giving yourself away in the dark. In daylight even the green ones are hard to see.

You also waste precious life and death micro seconds looking for a dot when you should have practiced using the sights or developing point and shoot skills...[ /QUOTE]
a laser is one of the most effective ways to develop point shooting skills. After a few hours, its just second nature and you don't even have to use the laser.if they can see the laser its too late for them.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #9

I'm sorry. My quote ended up at the bottom of yours. I'm new to this.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #10

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Why spend $300 for some frilly doo dad? For that money you can get a titanium guide rod assembly and have $250 left for ammo. If you want it, go for it but you can do a lot better money wise to go to the local convienence store, buy a keychain laser pointer, scotch tape it to your rail and use it to train with. It's a wonderful training tool but has ZERO real life applications. People who say it's a good deterrent have watched waaay too many movies...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting