Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   the green guide rod laser (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/green-guide-rod-laser-53179/)

Glock27SC 12-08-2011 03:58 AM

the green guide rod laser

Were can I find the green guide rod laser for the Glock 27 I have looked ever were all I can find is the red one

USMC_Richey 12-10-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock27SC (Post 645906)
Were can I find the green guide rod laser for the Glock 27 I have looked ever were all I can find is the red one

First let me ask, why is it that you want one?

Glock27SC 12-11-2011 06:18 AM

Well they I heard and read forms and you can see longer and better with the green.net than the red, and I like the green better also

MrWray 12-11-2011 06:21 AM

Ive never seen a green lasermax..?

USMC_Richey 12-11-2011 07:50 PM

Well for those reasons I don't think you really need a laser at all. I can understand why people with tiny .380's want a laser to help aquire a target faster but in your case I don't see any need for it.

For me, replacing a part that involves the funcionality of the weapon with something that isn't necessarily a performace upgrade isn't wise. For example, if I replaced the plastic guide rod in my M9A1 for a metal one, that's an upgrade. If I replaced it with another cheasy plastic one but just with a laser, to me that's a downgrade.

Plus, if its extremely hard to find something like this, it's either A: rare & valuable or B: pointless. You can easily get a green Viridian laser that goes on rails or on back sights. If you MUST have a guide rod laser, you might have to settle with red, I haven't seen many at all let alone green.

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Richey
Well for those reasons I don't think you really need a laser at all. I can understand why people with tiny .380's want a laser to help aquire a target faster but in your case I don't see any need for it.

For me, replacing a part that involves the funcionality of the weapon with something that isn't necessarily a performace upgrade isn't wise. For example, if I replaced the plastic guide rod in my M9A1 for a metal one, that's an upgrade. If I replaced it with another cheasy plastic one but just with a laser, to me that's a downgrade.

Plus, if its extremely hard to find something like this, it's either A: rare & valuable or B: pointless. You can easily get a green Viridian laser that goes on rails or on back sights. If you MUST have a guide rod laser, you might have to settle with red, I haven't seen many at all let alone green.

lasers are a great advantage on a firearm. Whether its draw and dryfire, or making an armed intruder think twice. It may just give you peace of mind if you are a less experienced shooter. A guide rod laser also gives you the advantage of being able to use all of your original holsters and equipment without buying new stuff. I don't think they are cheasy or a downgrade. If you want one, by all means, get one. You may not be able to find green, though.

JonM 12-29-2011 07:21 PM

Ive never heard of a green guide rod laser either. The reason you dont see many oeriod is that its a very small niche for lasers and limiting yourself to selling for only one specific gun isnt a good recipe in the addon market.

Ive always considered lasers a tactical disadvantage in that your giving yourself away in the dark. In daylight even the green ones are hard to see.

You also waste precious life and death micro seconds looking for a dot when you should have practiced using the sights or developing point and shoot skills...

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 07:49 PM

[QUOTE="JonM"]Ive never heard of a green guide rod laser either. The reason you dont see many oeriod is that its a very small niche for lasers and limiting yourself to selling for only one specific gun isnt a good recipe in the addon market.

Ive always considered lasers a tactical disadvantage in that your giving yourself away in the dark. In daylight even the green ones are hard to see.

You also waste precious life and death micro seconds looking for a dot when you should have practiced using the sights or developing point and shoot skills...[ /QUOTE]
a laser is one of the most effective ways to develop point shooting skills. After a few hours, its just second nature and you don't even have to use the laser.if they can see the laser its too late for them.

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 07:50 PM

I'm sorry. My quote ended up at the bottom of yours. I'm new to this.

vincent 12-29-2011 08:20 PM

Why spend $300 for some frilly doo dad? For that money you can get a titanium guide rod assembly and have $250 left for ammo. If you want it, go for it but you can do a lot better money wise to go to the local convienence store, buy a keychain laser pointer, scotch tape it to your rail and use it to train with. It's a wonderful training tool but has ZERO real life applications. People who say it's a good deterrent have watched waaay too many movies...