got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks
Theyre range is indoor. Also on the weekends you want to be waiting at the door when they open. Ive been there where you wait in line for 45 mins to get to the counter and they say there is a 3 hour wait to get a lane. On average starting at 11am through close they have atleast an hour wait for a lane.

As for a place to buy a firearm i highly recomend Millers. They are great people. Joe dose some light gunsmithing in house when he has time. If he cant do it he has his brother do it which normally takes about a week to get your item back. If they dont have it in the shop they will order it no questions asked.
Is there an outdoor range near there maybe? I am wondering if my friends confused it with another place. The 2 ranges I go to are Claytons in Horsham or, Pistol People in Bensalem. Pistol People is always empty and they are very friendly there. The owner gave free lessons to my wife and myself.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #32

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Congratulations on the PA, LTCF. You can learn much more about the LTCF on the PAFOA forums!

Pennsylvania, like most states requires people to have a permit to carry a concealed firearm as regulated by the following statute:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license
(a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

When you're open carrying in Philadelphia, always carry your LTCF as it is required in that city. If you're carrying concealed, you're required to have your LTCF on person. If you're open carrying in Pennsylvania, you do not need a LTCF but you should still have it on your person;

Places off limits with a license/permit:

Courthouses, and elementary secondary education schools Title 18 Section 913 & Title 18 § 912

That should be brief. Happy shooting and shoot safely.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A couple of things.

First.....canebrake is correct. There is no law that says you have to inform an officer that you are carrying legal here. It's just a good idea to do so, agree or not.

Second.....there is a BIG difference between being detained during a traffic stop and being placed under arrest. You still retain many more of your rights during detention than after an arrest. A LEO must inform a citizen when he is being placed under arrest and at that time, he has to be informed of his Miranda rights. A traffic stop for any reason is detention for investigation based on probable cause or alleged violation of law, nothing more. An arrest may be forthcoming after the stop if warranted under the law. Every traffic stop is NOT an arrest.

Please, guys. Be careful with information.