got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX View Post
I am from Philadelphia and some of my favorite shops and ranges are right out of the city. French Creek Outfitters, targetmasters, and millers sporting goods!

Millers is fav mom and pop shop and French Creek has a great 10 lane range.

Weather its the law or not if I'm pulled over I'm telling the officer I'm carrying lol
I live right down the road from Millers. They get 99% of my buisness. I will not buy nething from Targetmaster just range use on occasion. Ive never been to French Creek.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I won't shop at targetmaster either very stand offish and very high prices. Like they where doing me a favor by showing me a pistol.

French Creek is great amazing selection and very friendly plus a range.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As far a proof of ownership a cop only cares if the firearm is stolen which they can find out from the serial number right away. But other then that it's against the law for the government to make you register you arms. The shop you bought it from has a registry with the state police but that's it.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #24

Liked 1429 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Before you start to carry, read and understand the laws! Do this or you will find yourself in more trouble than you can imagine. If one of those "troubles" turns out to be a felony, you WILL lose your firearm rights forever.

Pennsylvania is NOT a "Must Inform Officer" state. You do not need to tell the LEO you are armed......unless he asks.

Pennsylvania Handgun Law

Try using our resources:

FTF Concealed Carry and Travel Resources

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 03-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX
I am from Philadelphia and some of my favorite shops and ranges are right out of the city. French Creek Outfitters, targetmasters, and millers sporting goods!

Millers is fav mom and pop shop and French Creek has a great 10 lane range.

Weather its the law or not if I'm pulled over I'm telling the officer I'm carrying lol
Some guys at my work keep telling me about targetmasters but I have not been there yet. That is the one off of route 202 right?

I dont like too many of the shops in Philly. I usually go to "in-sight firearms" just outside of Norristown, or willow grove gun sports.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Its a nice range but the guys in the shop are always too buisy to talk to anyone. Also theyre prices are high compared to other places.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #27

Likes Given: 2

since we are onto gun shop talk any good shops around the gettysburg,hanover,york area?

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would never make a large purchase at targetmaster just because the people should be kissing my ass because I'm the one dropping the better of a thousand dollars on a pistol not the other way around. It's on 202 near the pa de state line.

My experience me: I'd like to look at some 9mm semi autos.

Clerk: whatever you want they are all good. Went and answered the phone and that was that.

No questions no feeling out the customer no would you like to see anything.

Went to millers and dropped 800 on a new sig because they laid out 5 pistols and I did not even have to ask to see one. Very nice place and friendly.

I'm not knocking anyone's business but the overall feeling I got in targetmasters was not a positive one. I want to like it I really do but the vibe needs to change in that place.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX
I would never make a large purchase at targetmaster just because the people should be kissing my ass because I'm the one dropping the better of a thousand dollars on a pistol not the other way around. It's on 202 near the pa de state line.

My experience me: I'd like to look at some 9mm semi autos.

Clerk: whatever you want they are all good. Went and answered the phone and that was that.

No questions no feeling out the customer no would you like to see anything.

Went to millers and dropped 800 on a new sig because they laid out 5 pistols and I did not even have to ask to see one. Very nice place and friendly.

I'm not knocking anyone's business but the overall feeling I got in targetmasters was not a positive one. I want to like it I really do but the vibe needs to change in that place.
Ive never heard anything about the customer service there. Ive just been told they have a good range. Ive been looking for a nice outdoor range and that is where they told me to go.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Theyre range is indoor. Also on the weekends you want to be waiting at the door when they open. Ive been there where you wait in line for 45 mins to get to the counter and they say there is a 3 hour wait to get a lane. On average starting at 11am through close they have atleast an hour wait for a lane.

As for a place to buy a firearm i highly recomend Millers. They are great people. Joe dose some light gunsmithing in house when he has time. If he cant do it he has his brother do it which normally takes about a week to get your item back. If they dont have it in the shop they will order it no questions asked.