got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX View Post
Well as far as the being pulled over part hand the office your license with your permit and inform he or she that you are carrying a loaded firearm. Keep your hands on the steering wheel and let the officer take it from there.

Cops don't like surprises and some don't think civilians have a right to carry so you never know which one you'll get. Just be honest and do what they say and respect shall be given. What ever you do don't go on a rant about the 2nd amendment or the cops gonna get really pissed off.

Keep your cool inform them immediately an you will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
I also just joined PAFOA 2 days ago. Ive had my LTCF for a whyle and just found that site. Its a really good one. NOw to answer your questions.

A: NO you are not required to by law. I do tell them every time. I roll down my window put my hands on the steering wheel and tell them before i do anything else. They dont want an surprises and i dont either. IM not doing anythin illegal with it so i see no harm in letting them know.

B: Yes you must have your card on you any time you carry consealed.
thank you both for the info,i figured i should tell them strait off but wasn't sure if it was a legal requirements

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #12

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

thank you both for the info,i figured i should tell them strait off but wasn't sure if it was a legal requirements
YES, you a required by law!!!!!! To inform them you have a loaded forearm. It doesn't matter where you are, when you are stopped by law enforcement, for the time being, you are under arrest, until they say you are free to go!!!! No if and or buts!!!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I recently saw a video on YouTube by Massad Ayoob on how to handle a traffic stop while carrying. One thing that made sense to me, is he said do not say the word gun. Simply hand the card and say "I'm carrying ". His rational is that if there is another officer coming up on the passenger side, it may not be good if they hear the word gun. Makes sense to me.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #14

REDMIST89, I have a few questions for you or any other PA resident who can answer. What proof (if any) do you need to show that the firearm was obtained legally? I received my Glock as a gift from my father, which I believe is an exception to the FFL transfer laws. Is that correct? What did your local sheriff charge you? Do you have to take the firearm with you (unloaded or course)?

BTW I am also a member over @ PAFOA. Thanks!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #15

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyG27 View Post
REDMIST89, I have a few questions for you or any other PA resident who can answer. What proof (if any) do you need to show that the firearm was obtained legally? I received my Glock as a gift from my father, which I believe is an exception to the FFL transfer laws. Is that correct? What did your local sheriff charge you? Do you have to take the firearm with you (unloaded or course)?

BTW I am also a member over @ PAFOA. Thanks!
i didnt have to show any proof my gun was legally mine,id of been in trouble if they asked cuz i dont have it now,i asked em if they needed that when i filled out the form and was told that they didnt need to see the gun or permit,that the LTCF was a permit to carry any gun. and my local sheriff charged me $20 for the permit

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #16

Quote:

i didnt have to show any proof my gun was legally mine,id of been in trouble if they asked cuz i dont have it now,i asked em if they needed that when i filled out the form and was told that they didnt need to see the gun or permit,that the LTCF was a permit to carry any gun. and my local sheriff charged me $20 for the permit
Thank you, sir.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

This varies by county, which I find odd. I obtained my permit in Philadelphia, my wife got hers in Montgomery county. I never had to prove ownership of any firearms but, she had to give the Montgomery county sheriff's office a photo and serial number of hers. I am guessing that every county has laws and restrictions of their own.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

This varies by county, which I find odd. I obtained my permit in Philadelphia, my wife got hers in Montgomery county. I never had to prove ownership of any firearms but, she had to give the Montgomery county sheriff's office a photo and serial number of hers. I am guessing that every county has laws and restrictions of their own.
That is strange. Considering Philly's stance on firearms you would think you would have to jump through hoops. What's your favorite gun shop in the area? I'm in Philly quite often.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 812 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 4306

Quote:
Originally Posted by progolfer_iii View Post
YES, you a required by law!!!!!! To inform them you have a loaded forearm. It doesn't matter where you are, when you are stopped by law enforcement, for the time being, you are under arrest, until they say you are free to go!!!! No if and or buts!!!!!
Really? Please provide the law.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am from Philadelphia and some of my favorite shops and ranges are right out of the city. French Creek Outfitters, targetmasters, and millers sporting goods!

Millers is fav mom and pop shop and French Creek has a great 10 lane range.

Weather its the law or not if I'm pulled over I'm telling the officer I'm carrying lol