Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

well i got my PA LTCF last week n i was curious what the general Do's n Dont's from my PA people on here,i asked at the sheriffs office but well i got very vague info ...ik i can carry in my car loaded,can conceal carry etc but say if

A) im pulled over(it happens more often then id like to admit ) do i need to inform the officer of it? or is that only necessary if he asks or see's the gun??

B) do i need to carry the LTCF card on me at all times? or can they look that **** up if im asked?

there might be more as i go along but these r the current ones.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 03-17-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms
This should help

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
thank you man

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

You're welcome and if you still have questions I'm sure we have some guys from pa that can elaborate.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #5

I'm from PA and I can't believe the let you walk out of there so uniformed with a PA LTCF.

mountainman13 sent you to the right place I am a member of pafoa and its a great resource for info related to the state.

Jim

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton Jr

Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congratulations you now have a great responsibility. Like others said the link provided will give you all the laws for PA as well as the states that have reciprocal laws.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsK9s View Post
I'm from PA and I can't believe the let you walk out of there so uniformed with a PA LTCF.

mountainman13 sent you to the right place I am a member of pafoa and its a great resource for info related to the state.
thats the thing,i filled out the form and asked the deputy(adams county sheriff) there who accepted it a bunch of questions(the ones i asked above)..but he gave either vague info or wasn't interested in answering my questions,so i tried to be informed but they were less than helpful. i know the basics..like i can conceal carry,carry in a car etc..so its not like im completely unknowing but the police thing was my question.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 03-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX View Post
Congratulations you now have a great responsibility. Like others said the link provided will give you all the laws for PA as well as the states that have reciprocal laws.
and its a responsibility i accept fully,i wanted to do it fully legal...no getting arrested or my gun seized for a cop perceiving me concealing it or getting hassled for open carry.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 03-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well as far as the being pulled over part hand the office your license with your permit and inform he or she that you are carrying a loaded firearm. Keep your hands on the steering wheel and let the officer take it from there.

Cops don't like surprises and some don't think civilians have a right to carry so you never know which one you'll get. Just be honest and do what they say and respect shall be given. What ever you do don't go on a rant about the 2nd amendment or the cops gonna get really pissed off.

Keep your cool inform them immediately an you will be fine.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I also just joined PAFOA 2 days ago. Ive had my LTCF for a whyle and just found that site. Its a really good one. NOw to answer your questions.

A: NO you are not required to by law. I do tell them every time. I roll down my window put my hands on the steering wheel and tell them before i do anything else. They dont want an surprises and i dont either. IM not doing anythin illegal with it so i see no harm in letting them know.

B: Yes you must have your card on you any time you carry consealed.