Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/got-my-pa-ltcf-what-general-restrictions-60405/)

REDMIST89 03-17-2012 12:45 AM

got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it?

well i got my PA LTCF last week n i was curious what the general Do's n Dont's from my PA people on here,i asked at the sheriffs office but well i got very vague info ...ik i can carry in my car loaded,can conceal carry etc but say if

A) im pulled over(it happens more often then id like to admit :mad: ) do i need to inform the officer of it? or is that only necessary if he asks or see's the gun??

B) do i need to carry the LTCF card on me at all times? or can they look that **** up if im asked?

there might be more as i go along but these r the current ones.

mountainman13 03-17-2012 01:02 AM

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms
This should help

REDMIST89 03-17-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 742734)

thank you man

mountainman13 03-17-2012 01:05 AM

You're welcome and if you still have questions I'm sure we have some guys from pa that can elaborate.

JimsK9s 03-17-2012 01:26 AM

I'm from PA and I can't believe the let you walk out of there so uniformed with a PA LTCF.

mountainman13 sent you to the right place I am a member of pafoa and its a great resource for info related to the state.

CipsterX 03-17-2012 02:18 AM

Congratulations you now have a great responsibility. Like others said the link provided will give you all the laws for PA as well as the states that have reciprocal laws.

REDMIST89 03-17-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsK9s (Post 742745)
I'm from PA and I can't believe the let you walk out of there so uniformed with a PA LTCF.

mountainman13 sent you to the right place I am a member of pafoa and its a great resource for info related to the state.

thats the thing,i filled out the form and asked the deputy(adams county sheriff) there who accepted it a bunch of questions(the ones i asked above)..but he gave either vague info or wasn't interested in answering my questions,so i tried to be informed but they were less than helpful. i know the basics..like i can conceal carry,carry in a car etc..so its not like im completely unknowing but the police thing was my question.

REDMIST89 03-17-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CipsterX (Post 742771)
Congratulations you now have a great responsibility. Like others said the link provided will give you all the laws for PA as well as the states that have reciprocal laws.

and its a responsibility i accept fully,i wanted to do it fully legal...no getting arrested or my gun seized for a cop perceiving me concealing it or getting hassled for open carry.

CipsterX 03-17-2012 04:07 PM

Well as far as the being pulled over part hand the office your license with your permit and inform he or she that you are carrying a loaded firearm. Keep your hands on the steering wheel and let the officer take it from there.

Cops don't like surprises and some don't think civilians have a right to carry so you never know which one you'll get. Just be honest and do what they say and respect shall be given. What ever you do don't go on a rant about the 2nd amendment or the cops gonna get really pissed off.

Keep your cool inform them immediately an you will be fine.

Retaks 03-17-2012 05:17 PM

I also just joined PAFOA 2 days ago. Ive had my LTCF for a whyle and just found that site. Its a really good one. NOw to answer your questions.

A: NO you are not required to by law. I do tell them every time. I roll down my window put my hands on the steering wheel and tell them before i do anything else. They dont want an surprises and i dont either. IM not doing anythin illegal with it so i see no harm in letting them know.

B: Yes you must have your card on you any time you carry consealed.