Got my new FN FNX Tactical 45 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Got my new FN FNX Tactical 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Funny that you said it would match the SCAR, that's exactly what I've been telling folks about mine. Did you get the tactical version??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my wife was pushing me to the 9mm version but it only holds 17 in the mag vs my m9a1 20 in the mag...

but that wasnt the decider. i KNEW if i got the 9mm one it would be mine only as long as it took me to get past the 48hour wait before she claimed it.

i like 45acp better and the wife doesnt so i know she wont touch it. its going to make a great combo with the scar17

well maybe he is a good influence ive got more room in the gunsafe i can put a couple of ar15 back together in one piece now and sit em in the safe instead of the shelves in the back of the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6020 Times on 3154 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Funny that you said it would match the SCAR, that's exactly what I've been telling folks about mine. Did you get the tactical version??

Yes i did. Got an rmr on order as well should be here friday or mondayish

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

I've had my fnp tactical for a number of yrs now. I have a Doctor armrests on mine and its scarry accurate a real pleasure to shoot.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
What did that bad boy cost you?

Got it new at my local gun shop for $1,200.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #15

Quote:
thanks to you i went and sold a 1911 and a couple older rifles i dont really shoot much which were gathering dust because of the scar17 and marlin 45-70 and picked up one of these bad boys in black and ordered a trijicon rmr.

im not sure your a good influence...

Haha I never said you had to go and do all that lol. But you're going to love this pistol 👍

Old 03-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I was thinking about a 9MM one actually....so I think it's a Good influence

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

The 9mm version only holds 2 extra rounds in the magazine. You can hold 15 rounds of .45 with this gun but if 9mm is your preference then do what you feel more comfortable with.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50caliber View Post
Haha I never said you had to go and do all that lol. But you're going to love this pistol

lol i been wanting one since the fnp tacticals came out but the fnp had some issues i didnt like. the fnx fixed em. ive also got a ton of guns i really dont shoot or use but they were smoking deals at the time. i didnt lose any money selling em off for more modern stuff ill use.

ive slowly been modernizing my guns into things i would take into combat with modern capabilities. plus im also getting my optics inline so i have the same reticle whether im looking through my scar17 or my fnx45.

soon as fn makes non threaded barrels available im getting one of those to make it a bit easier to ccw. i like the threaded barrel as it gives more barrel length for better velocity but i also want a little shorter barrel for better concealment

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #18

Quote:
lol i been wanting one since the fnp tacticals came out but the fnp had some issues i didnt like. the fnx fixed em. ive also got a ton of guns i really dont shoot or use but they were smoking deals at the time. i didnt lose any money selling em off for more modern stuff ill use.

ive slowly been modernizing my guns into things i would take into combat with modern capabilities. plus im also getting my optics inline so i have the same reticle whether im looking through my scar17 or my fnx45.

soon as fn makes non threaded barrels available im getting one of those to make it a bit easier to ccw. i like the threaded barrel as it gives more barrel length for better velocity but i also want a little shorter barrel for better concealment

The threaded barrel is one of the reasons I didn't want the tactical. Goes against the grain but I'll never use it for it's intended purpose so I figured, why get it. Sounds like you have a heck of a collection, I'm really just getting started myself.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50caliber View Post
Haha I never said you had to go and do all that lol. But you're going to love this pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
The threaded barrel is one of the reasons I didn't want the tactical. Goes against the grain but I'll never use it for it's intended purpose so I figured, why get it. Sounds like you have a heck of a collection, I'm really just getting started myself.

can still put a comp on it. but the extra barrel length lets you take full advantage of the 45acp case capacity and squeeze out a extra few fps. if your going to use a optic the tactical is a no brainer as the machining for the optic night sights and mounting plate is worth it. if your never going to use a optic then the regular fnx

Last edited by JonM; 03-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #20

Sometimes we set up a reflex course and go through a few drills. I wanna be able to draw the 45 from a holster but if it had a optic is a holster even made for one??