Got my first Pistol.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Got my first Pistol.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Got my first Pistol.

Welp, I finally got a pistol. Got the Taurus Millennium 9mm. Small enough to conceal and have enough punch if I ever need it.

As soon as I left woods and water I went to the firing range speeding the whole way to play with my toy.

I even forgot ear protection but hey what good are .40 shells for? lol Used em and was just fine.

First impression of the pistol. Kinda smaller compared to the XD9 but has a better feel than the LCP and that's the pistol I really wanted but just couldn't go with a .380.

Fired well, loved the trigger feel, I shot 50 rounds through it today and plan on another 100 tomorrow with some skeet shooting. Not a single jam, not a single issue.

The salesman ensured me that if anything what so ever would bother me with the pistol that they would have it fixed. I have read some horror stories about Taurus and heard some good stuff too.

here is the gun Pr0n...

here is my grouping of 100 yards with a .22 a couple of weeks ago. Not really that bad with a crappy sight and windy as hell too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

Nice looking piece! I always put an extra pack of foam ear plugs in each vehicle for the "just in case". I am against using fired shells as ear plugs. Protect what you have, or pay for it later. The wife hates me saying "Excuse me", or "Would you repeat that, please". The only plus side to not protecting your hearing correctly is that the wife's voice pitch is in the tone area I have lost.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #3

Liked 1036 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1033

Yeah I've read horror stories too but I think the latest Millennium Pros (Gen II and Gen III) are pretty good. I got a 9mm Gen II about 4 years ago and it's been a great little gun. Accurate enough, decent sights and the DAO trigger isn't bad at all. Looks like you also got a good one!

I believe all recent ones are Millennium Pros, if you got a used one it might not be a Pro (don't see Pro on the left side like mine has but I think some Pros are marked on the right). If not a Pro you might not want to put a huge amount of rounds down the barrel because they tend to have trouble with a high round count. Probably doesn't matter too much if you intend to "shoot it a little and carry it a lot" (borrowed from Jeff Cooper's comments on the Star PD 45ACP).

Last edited by Quentin; 06-21-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Enjoy your new 9.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! Enjoy your new pistol.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #6

I'm getting a new car today and I just want to go back the shooting range!!!!

I'm like a kid in a candy store lol

Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I'm getting a new car today and I just want to go back the shooting range!!!!

I'm like a kid in a candy store lol
Glad to see you have your priorities straight.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Yeah I've read horror stories too but I think the latest Millennium Pros (Gen II and Gen III) are pretty good. I got a 9mm Gen II about 4 years ago and it's been a great little gun. Accurate enough, decent sights and the DAO trigger isn't bad at all. Looks like you also got a good one!

I believe all recent ones are Millennium Pros, if you got a used one it might not be a Pro (don't see Pro on the left side like mine has but I think some Pros are marked on the right). If not a Pro you might not want to put a huge amount of rounds down the barrel because they tend to have trouble with a high round count. Probably doesn't matter too much if you intend to "shoot it a little and carry it a lot" (borrowed from Jeff Cooper's comments on the Star PD 45ACP).
New in Box.

I don't want to buy a used pistol. Not knowing what or how much the person before me used it and abused it.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #9

Congratz on the new piece! Enjoy it!

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." -Psalms 144:1

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9

Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #10

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Yeah, 9mm is much better than a .380.