good ccw for a woman who is on the small side - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > good ccw for a woman who is on the small side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Definitely check out the new Springfield XD-S in .45 caliber. Xdspistols.com

This is a brand new product that they just introduced last month at shot show 2012. Nice stopping power with more stopping power than a Ruger LCR in 38 or 357. And with the same capacity, actually more as it is a 5+1. And you (she) can carry extra mags.

Very nice semi-auto pistol.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #12

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Pepper spray is a decent alternative for her until you can get her a CCW. Ive been sprayed 6 different times by different brands during training, i preferred and carried Sabre Red, its some bad stuff, i always got really good "instant" results with it. You dont have to be a LEO to get it either.
Is there anyone at all who has been sprayed and doesn't mind getting sprayed again?
I was sprayed when I was with the military police. About 3 months later my wife pointed a whack looking perfume bottle at me as a joke, and I dove out of the moving car she was driving.

I've been through some rough crap. Some of the worst. One thing I will never allow anyone to do is spray me. That is some NASTY stuff. So bad in fact, I won't allow any in my house.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #13

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Is there anyone at all who has been sprayed and doesn't mind getting sprayed again?
I was sprayed when I was with the military police. About 3 months later my wife pointed a whack looking perfume bottle at me as a joke, and I dove out of the moving car she was driving.

I've been through some rough crap. Some of the worst. One thing I will never allow anyone to do is spray me. That is some NASTY stuff. So bad in fact, I won't allow any in my house.
O dont get me wrong, i hate being sprayed.. But i would rather be sprayed than Tased again!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2368 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

Surely someone in the Sheriff's Department can help her out with training, tips, suggestions, etc. even if the Department won't do it formally.

Can she keep her purse on her at all times in the situation? If so, a revolver will (probably) shoot all rounds from within the purse without jamming.

God knows she's got more guts than I do ... putting her hands into a purse every day ... (shiver) ... gives me the willies just thinkin about it!!!

Keep her safe, Jiro, don't want to let that one get away!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

A female neighbor of mine CCWs the Phoenix HP22, and loves it.

phoenix-hp22.jpg  

Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #16

I bought my wife a Walther PK380, reason being is she too is of small stature, but to add to it fairly weak in her hands and found it IMPOSSIBLE to chamber a round with any conventional 9mm .40 or .45 so we came across this gun and off the bat she liked it, she operated the slide with ease. Luckily the chambering issue with this gun was resolved before buying since it is fairly common for the catch not to grip the round. If you do choose this make sure that the issue has been corrected
BTW she loves the gun and shoots Winchester Ranger talon HP. 380

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks that nothing
is worth war, is much worse. ---John Stewart Mill

Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7788 Times on 4676 Posts
Likes Given: 9773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Can I suggest serious thought be given to having the gun on her body? I’m sure she wouldn’t want her purse stolen or taken away from her with her gun in it. Or worse, not being near enough to her bag should need to draw it.
I would never carry in my purse for this very reason. You are potentially arming a purse snatcher.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #18

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

EXCELLENT point

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #19

My wife rented and fired various guns before getting a Glock 19. She initially kept it in her purse but as someone earlier mentioned, its better that her purse get stolen rather the firearm. She carries it in an ankle holster since she wears more jeans than anything else. Snhe doesn't have a job like you wife, but she is sometimes not in the best areas. She also moved up the ranks in a Japanese martial art, aikido, and knows how to fight with various stick weapons. Her keychain has pepper spray. Worse case, she uses a large maglight flashlight on her job that she knows she can use. My range offers pistol defense classes as well as home invasion for women. You may want to see if there are classes like that near you and/or have her talk to one of the sheriffs.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #20

Forgot to mention she is just at 5' and 130 lbs but she can flip me over her shoulder and I weigh 253.