Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > good bye Beretta Px4, thanks firelooker!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default good bye Beretta Px4, thanks firelooker!

earlier this week I traded my beloved Ruger LCR in .357

I got a NIB full size PX4 in return. Freaking awesome gun to go along with my PX4 sub compact.

But now all I had were two 9mm. Carrying .357 with confidence all this time I wasn't sure if I could carry 9mm. I asked for ammo help and firelooker had this to say with his first ever post, "Still can't understand why so many people carry 9mm, a 45 doesn't weigh that much more and packs a whole lot more punch. The only thing I can think of is they want the ammo capacity that you get w/ most 9mm's."

Now 4 days after getting my new PX4 it's gone and now I have Glock 32 in .357 Sig I feel so much better!! Thanks firelooker! Now i can carry with confidence again. The Glock 32 feels so natural in my hand. I will give range report soon.

this thread also shared in the Glock sub-forum

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have owned a PX4 in 40 cal before. I just got one in 9mm a week or so ago. Great gun. Shoot fantastic.

I personally prefer a DA/SA over a Glock trigger (I've prev owned 5 Glocks in years past).

I switched from a mixture of 45 and 9mm to all 9mm now. I shoot better with 9mm over longer distances, and its cheaper to go shoot. After looking at all the data, I'm satisfied with the ballistics of the 9mm round. I carry a Beretta 92 FS concealed everyday, and am fine with it.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #3

Likes Given: 1

Glock pistols are great, nothing wrong there. But I think you needlessly gave up a great gun in the Beretta because of the "bigger is better crowd". if you don't feel 9mm is enough for you then you must live in the middle of a war zone. 9mm is relatively cheap to shoot which likely = more practice time which = more accuracy. It is also easy to keep on target for shots following the first one, especially in smaller carry guns. Last year for fun I did a test. I duct taped two thick phone books tightly together and shot it with a 9mm. It went through both and out the other side. Good enough for me.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

As long as you are happy than good for you, congrats

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD