Good 9mm Semiauto
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Good 9mm Semiauto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Good 9mm Semiauto

Hey everybody.

Its that time of year. Looking to buy a new pistol and looking at a 9mm. Thinking about the Ruger LC9 or the S&W shield 9mm.

Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

It will be a while for the shield and you will probably pay over MSRP at most places. I like the LC9 except for the way it has to be taken apart (you need a tool)

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #3

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #4

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I am a Bersa fan! Check them out! They consistently get four and five star reviews! I have their Thunder9 UltraCompact Pro 9mm and 1,000 rounds flawless functioning and counting! Awesome quality,performance, and affordable! Bersa is truly a undiscovered value!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop
I am a Bersa fan! Check them out! They consistently get four and five star reviews! I have their Thunder9 UltraCompact Pro 9mm and 1,000 rounds flawless functioning and counting! Awesome quality,performance, and affordable! Bersa is truly a undiscovered value!!!
I too love my bersa. At least i do whileit worked. I own a 380 that's in repair at the moment. The only thing I don't like is how difficult it is to find parts. But I bought mine second hand. Haven't looked into the 9mm yet tho.

Last edited by APSurvival; 11-04-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSurvival View Post
Hey everybody.

Its that time of year. Looking to buy a new pistol and looking at a 9mm. Thinking about the Ruger LC9 or the S&W shield 9mm.

Any suggestions?
Lots of good 9mm pistols available...Beretta, Glock, CZ, Sig, XD to name a few...

Are you looking for a carry gun, truck gun? Poly or Metal? Full size, compact, sub compact? What's your price range?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #7

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The BHP is called "The King of the Nines" for a reason.

This is a quote from a friend and member that I had the pleasure to shoot with recently;

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
For a "Non-Gun-Guy", I grew up shooting a Colt 1911 for recreation, shot it a bunch in the Navy, worked out with the Beretta, and damned near everything from flare pistols to Ma Deuce. Nothing ever came to hand (Or to shoulder, or to both hands after checking headspace and timing) like the BHP. It's not a matter of superior machining or novel takes on switchology...... It's a Zen thing where machine adapts to man. Personally, there was no adjusting to it. It fit my hand perfectly, pointed naturally, and put holes where I wanted them to be. Imagine your dog is happy to see you and stuffs his nose into your palm while you're lying on the couch. That's how the BHP greets you. When I say that I'm a "Non-Gun-Guy", Cane will tell you that I did not know what I was picking up. I've qualified and carried in the military, hunted in my youth, but I've always viewed firearms as tools. As much as I like the one I carry every day, I never realized the artistry possible until I shot the High Power. It's exponentially more than just a firearm.
Here's my Browning Hi-Powers in 9mm:

Get one.........or two.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
People Like This 
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #8

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Leave it to Cane to find yet ANOTHER thread to show off his toys!!! I will agree, the High Power is definitely on my bucket list. JMB didn't design one good gun, he made a career out of designing many... The High Power being one of my most admired.

For my money I wanted more of a modern striker pistol and ended up with the Ruger SR9. Couldn't be happier with the build quality and reliability. Several thousand rounds through it in 2 years and the only stoppage was in the hands of a new shooter limp wristing the gun.

Of course Glock, Springfield, Smith and Wesson, FN, Sig, and many more options are out there and in a number of form factors to suit many applications so your intended use will help us guide you....

Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #9

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSurvival View Post
Hey everybody.

Any suggestions?
I've got a Shield, so I'm partial. That said, I've fired an LC9 and have nothing bad to say about it. That, and the cold hard fact the Rugers are available, usually for a lot less money.

Last edited by Donn; 11-04-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #10

Likes Given: 1

I say, whatever fits your hand just right, has a decent trigger pull, and one you can place shots well with. A nice compact and very accurate pistol I've owned is a Cz 2075 BD in 9x19, very excellent firearm. Another is the Caracal F. They come in compact and full sized models, the great thing about it is the low bore axis and extremely light trigger (Also the quick sights, but those are somewhat non-standard).