Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   going to shoot for the first time today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/going-shoot-first-time-today-63245/)

gunguy1997 04-25-2012 04:59 PM

going to shoot for the first time today
 
my dad is bringing a 9mm home from work and we are going to go shoot some hay bales in the backyard:). im not gonna lie im quite nervous this is my first handgun experience.

woody63m 04-25-2012 05:14 PM

Just watch him shoot it some before you have a go so you can see the expected recoil you will be ok 9 mm aint bad

HOSSFLY 04-25-2012 05:20 PM

I would NOT do it :eek:
It will lead to a habit as bad as any drug :(

gunguy1997 04-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 781646)
I would NOT do it :eek:
It will lead to a habit as bad as any drug :(

well it seems i already have it with as much as i shoot rifles and love guns so much already.:D

gunguy1997 04-25-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 781643)
Just watch him shoot it some before you have a go so you can see the expected recoil you will be ok 9 mm aint bad

well thats kinda what i was thinkin.:)

Bear304inc 04-25-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy1997
my dad is bringing a 9mm home from work and we are going to go shoot some hay bales in the backyard:). im not gonna lie im quite nervous this is my first handgun experience.

Very similar principles involved, I agree watch him first, go over operations unloaded till comfortable, remember your breathing,, and have fun. Its ablast,, literally.

gunguy1997 04-25-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc (Post 781668)
Very similar principles involved, I agree watch him first, go over operations unloaded till comfortable, remember your breathing,, and have fun. Its ablast,, literally.

yea im thinking that we are going to go through a safety and learning course first so im sure everything will be fine just nervous that's all lol

Bear304inc 04-25-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I would NOT do it :eek:
It will lead to a habit as bad as any drug :(

I'm afraid its to late for this yut, as of today the libs will have lost another one, to the light...lol

Bear304inc 04-25-2012 06:16 PM

I'm guessing your 14? If so nothing to be nervous about, I have a 15 yr old daughter that handles my full size usp .40 caliber no problem. (And just between me and you, she's a bit of a girly girl.) Just get comfortable with it. And throw lead..lol

gunguy1997 04-25-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc (Post 781680)
I'm guessing your 14? If so nothing to be nervous about, I have a 15 yr old daughter that handles my full size usp .40 caliber no problem. (And just between me and you, she's a bit of a girly girl.) Just get comfortable with it. And throw lead..lol

yes im 14 and i take back what i said earlier i shot a 380. once a long time ago but that really dont count. anyway thanks for your help and confidence booster lol.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.