Are glocks models no longer current or absolete? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are glocks models no longer current or absolete?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
indy36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 900
Liked 420 Times on 244 Posts

Default

I have the Glock 34 and its great.image-2620563337.jpg

I also have a Steyr. It fits my hand better and the trigger is much better.image-2724222192.jpg
indy36 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,686
Liked 2450 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Default

I try to keep my options open. I like a lot of stuff. Glock is part of it.



SSGN_Doc is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JeeperSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 119
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I think over all Glock is the best and its more accurate to say they are 'timeless' then outdated. The reliability and simplicity isn't matched. They are crazy easy to take apart and reassemble. They require very little maintenance. And they are as accurate as any other gun. There are tons of parts available for them. Good SHTF pistols..

Here's my favorite Glock. G27 'Baby' Glock with a 15 round G22 magazine. It looks silly sticking out like that but it's cool that a magazine swap instantly makes it like a full size Glock. I don't normally carry it around with the longer magazine.



image-1635744924.jpg

Last edited by JeeperSC; 06-17-2013 at 06:01 AM.
JeeperSC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

My son bought a Glock 40 last fall. I bought 3 9mm Sigs. His 40 will not go thru 1 mag without a stovepipe & he's tried several types of ammo. Maybe he just got a lemon. My Sigs will eat anything fed & none have every had any problem at all. 1-250 9mm for my wife & 2-2022 with factory lasers for me. All cost $379/shipped ea. I have nothing against Glock I just like Sigs much better as I don't like striker fired guns but bought the 250 which is for my wife & added a laser. JMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll View Post
I apologize in advance for the following comments being sharp.

1. Your friend is completely unqualified to open his mouth again about guns if he is serious.

2. For people that say 40 Glocks are unreliable, PLEASE give me some citations of ANY Glocks that have kaboomed using factory ammo. Also Gen4 Glocks were made specifically for 40. Stop repeating internet forum "I heard" crap.

3. I have shot over 20 different Glocks and NEVER had ANY problems. Not one round in thousands. Can't say that about any other gun I have shot except my new XDM.
flylo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JeeperSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 119
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo
His 40 will not go thru 1 mag without a stovepipe & he's tried several types of ammo. Maybe he just got a lemon.
Advise him to ship it back to Glock!!!

Last edited by JeeperSC; 06-17-2013 at 06:39 AM.
JeeperSC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

I did but I think he's just fed up with it. I told him Buy Sig as did his Chief so he paid about $700 with no laser for a dud.

Last edited by flylo; 06-17-2013 at 09:52 AM.
flylo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 622
Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

How is any one weapon better than the other if the user isn't comfortable with it? I've found after a while that Sig is probably my favorite builder. I have Glock, FN, HK , Beretta Taurus, CZ, and 4 different Springfield and out of all if them my Sig 1911 is my favorite. I traded the HK P30, decided I didn't like the trigger so its was traded for another 1911.
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #68
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,737
Liked 3356 Times on 1737 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
My son bought a Glock 40 last fall. I bought 3 9mm Sigs. His 40 will not go thru 1 mag without a stovepipe & he's tried several types of ammo. Maybe he just got a lemon. My Sigs will eat anything fed & none have every had any problem at all. 1-250 9mm for my wife & 2-2022 with factory lasers for me. All cost $379/shipped ea. I have nothing against Glock I just like Sigs much better as I don't like striker fired guns but bought the 250 which is for my wife & added a laser. JMHO
The only time I have seen a Glock stove pipe us from operator inducement. LIMP WRIST
__________________
In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball
robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

The only time I have seen a Glock stove pipe us from operator inducement. LIMP WRIST
95% of the time that is the issue. The other 5% is lack of maintenance.
__________________
I don't need No stinking signature.
mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
veskeshootr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
95% of the time that is the issue. The other 5% is lack of maintenance.

This is the answer. Especially on a .40 cal.


Even though I know nothing and only have 3 posts... I would go with limp wrist on this one assuming the gun is new.
veskeshootr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
My Web Site Is No Longer Technologically Current AR10 The Club House 1 05-07-2013 05:26 AM
9mm models for ccw Kdub Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 30 03-13-2013 11:48 PM
Ordered one of the new XDs models. fpdsniper XD Forum 26 04-20-2012 05:09 AM
Everything you want to know about AR 15 models Florida AR-15 Discussion 14 11-29-2008 05:24 PM
different 700 models?? huckleberry General Rifle Discussion 5 12-30-2007 03:27 PM



Newest Threads