Are glocks models no longer current or absolete? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are glocks models no longer current or absolete?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2869 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by veskeshootr View Post
Go on YouTube and search glock torture test. After you watch that search glock vs HK.
In the Glock torture test by big bore from Adco he buries the gun for a year or two, digs it up cleans it with some water and then shoots the crap out of it.
People complain that Glocks have not been updated . seriously ? Why would they change anything when its the most reliable handgun in the world. Why would they change when the other mfgs continually copy what they have done.
HK is a good gun but way overpriced IMO. To me why would I buy one HK when I could get 2 Glocks .
People hate Glocks for a multitude of reasons but when the facts are shown they are #1 in sales and they are the most reliable period.
I'm a competitive shooter and I shoot a G34 and a G17. My G17 has over 20,000 rounds thru it without one single malfunction. My G34 is only a few months old so it round count is only about 2,000 but still ... No malfs at all.
Bottom line is haters will hate but facts are facts and a Glock cannot be beat.
Wow, first post and you jump into this thread. You really should check in at the front desk before jumping into the deep end of the pool.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Wow, first post and you jump into this thread. You really should check in at the front desk before jumping into the deep end of the pool.
My buddies below and I would like to thank you for the good laugh. You honestly think Glock is better then my German engineered guns! Your arguement reminds me of this guy who said his Toyota cannot be beat. He compared a BMW to his Toyota. Made the same arguments. Quality costs. It s a fact of life.
image.jpg  

Old 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2767 Times on 1446 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by veskeshootr View Post
Go on YouTube and search glock torture test. After you watch that search glock vs HK.
In the Glock torture test by big bore from Adco he buries the gun for a year or two, digs it up cleans it with some water and then shoots the crap out of it.
People complain that Glocks have not been updated . seriously ? Why would they change anything when its the most reliable handgun in the world. Why would they change when the other mfgs continually copy what they have done.
HK is a good gun but way overpriced IMO. To me why would I buy one HK when I could get 2 Glocks .
People hate Glocks for a multitude of reasons but when the facts are shown they are #1 in sales and they are the most reliable period.
I'm a competitive shooter and I shoot a G34 and a G17. My G17 has over 20,000 rounds thru it without one single malfunction. My G34 is only a few months old so it round count is only about 2,000 but still ... No malfs at all.
Bottom line is haters will hate but facts are facts and a Glock cannot be beat.
Spoken like a true fanboy.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
My buddies below and I would like to thank you for the good laugh. You honestly think Glock is better then my German engineered guns! Your arguement reminds me of this guy who said his Toyota cannot be beat. He compared a BMW to his Toyota. Made the same arguments. Quality costs. It s a fact of life.
You didn't get that from me without substance abuse or a psychotic break.

Now if you're referring to Mr. Torture test, never mind.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
You didn't get that from me without substance abuse or a psychotic break.

Now if you're referring to Mr. Torture test, never mind.
I quoted wrong person. For Mr. Torture test.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 105

As long as Mr. torture is on YouTube, check out the Glock Sucks line of videos. Might find them educational as they were solely designed to make fun of the GlockoNutz.

The author of the videos makes a good analogy - Glock is the Honda Civic of the gun world. A good and reliable car but the best ever made for racing, offroad, towing, luxury etc. - hell no. Don't know what they are drinking but I'd like a few quarts.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #47

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Now hold on a minute.....There is A LOT to be said about Honda Civics and their reliability, and fuel mileage......and remember, there is always a downside to those other attributes, too....

Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #48

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Rule number one for making sure a thread will, with no doubt at all, turn into an all out flame fest: put "GLOCK" in the title.

Rule number two: refer to rule number one.

Rule number three: wait. If you even think strongly to yourself that GLOCK doesn't rule the world, "they" will come. "They" can smell the lack of worship in your soul.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #49

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
They are number 1 because they are hundreds of dollars cheaper when purchased for law enforcement. Goverments think more about money then lives. I have fired Glocks that have jammed on me and they were nowhere close to 100,000 rounds. We had to field strip one Glock 17. That would have cost a person their life.
Yep, the purchase of the Glock for my local PD was based solely on the lowest bid price and amounted to several hundred dollars on each gun. It is hard to beat a foreign company that can produce a like product for 52% less than it's American competitor.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #50

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Where is all this talk about Glock being "several hundred dollars cheaper" coming from? Seems to me the price of Glocks are fairly comparable to a lot of other guns. Is Glock basically giving them away to LEO's?