Are glocks models no longer current or absolete? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are glocks models no longer current or absolete?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2984 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Baretta? Hell yes. I owned a 92, I think HK is a much better gun. Sig Sauer? I do love my P226r. That is my other 1300 dollar gun. Glock? You have got to be kidding me. Materials do not have come close to the HK, which made the original polymer. I love my USP .40. It is an excellent battle pistol. I have explained why in previous posts. It is an excellent gun and I do not know what is going on with the US HK, but they are very respected in Europe. I think you gun is worth the price.
I'm not asking about opinions as to finish quality or which one you like better. I'm only talking about capability. Is the guy carrying a serviceable Sig or CZ pistol, at a real world, no kidding tactical disadvantage to the H&K pistol user in a life or death situation, all other things being equal?

If yes, explain.
If no, then it is about branding. Which is fine, just admit it.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I think CZ, Sig, Berrata, HK are all fine pistols and worth the price. I have experience in all these firearms and they have fine quality. All are excellent european guns of fine engineering and years of experience. I would not have any problems taking any of these guns into battle. I never said they are not. I am not going to post another long explanation of why I love my Sigs and HKs, which are my most recent hand guns. My original post questions the éarlier posts and you have changed the topic. What is the basis for your posts? What is your personal experience? Sarcasm or not, it attacks the company. That is what I am asking. Also, everybody has their reasons for their choice in guns. I respect your choice and I know they serve you fine.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2984 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
I think CZ, Sig, Berrata, HK are all fine pistols and worth the price. I have experience in all these firearms and they have fine quality. All are excellent european guns of fine engineering and years of experience. I would not have any problems taking any of these guns into battle. I never said they are not. I am not going to post another long explanation of why I love my Sigs and HKs, which are my most recent hand guns. My original post questions the éarlier posts and you have changed the topic. What is the basis for your posts? What is your personal experience? Sarcasm or not, it attacks the company. That is what I am asking. Also, everybody has their reasons for their choice in guns. I respect your choice and I know they serve you fine.
I have no personal axe to grind regarding H&K, beyond their pricing. I guess I would add that I "don't get" the appeal. I suppose you would likely say that it's my loss.
I will admit that the earlier quote of "You suck & we hate you," struck me funny. Fair or not, the comments regarding H&K's ...elitism, (for lack of a better word) kind of coincided with my previous impression of the company. My follow up post quoting that author's follow on was simply something I found and thought I would share.
Oh, by the way, so what if I attack the company? Which I really haven't, IMHO. Bitching about their pricing and sharing an article is hardly the same thing as burning down their US headquarters or staging an Occupy rally in the CEO's front yard..
Unless you're on their marketing staff, I don't see what the big deal is. FWIW, I've made fun of a number of companies in the past, and I will likely do so again. H&K is a big, overly serious, high on their own importance company that practically cries out to be ridiculed. Hell, their CEO probably looks like the monopoly guy.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Last edited by Overkill0084; 06-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
I am sorry you guys have had bad experiences with HK. Love to hear your personal bad experiences with the company. I honestly cannot say I have had bad experience with the company since the Hks I have owned never needed to be returned or repaired. Plus, I was never denied any of the guns I wished to purchase from them. Once again, Sorry about how you guys were treated by the company.
Experience with HK while actually in Germany is likely much different from that in the USA. The American representatives do seem to have a "holier than thou" attitude. I have an HK-91 that is a superb rifle. I have shot various HK handguns from P4's to VP-70Z's to P9's and USP's. They are very well built guns, but so are Glocks, Sigs, Colts, Smith's, Beretta's, Springfields, etc.

WTS, HK firearms are priced noticibly higher than equivalent offerings from other makers. There does not seem to be any reason for the price difference. HK parts and accessories are significantly more expensive than makers (with the exception of the G-3 aluminum mags).

One of the most accurate handguns I have ever fired was a USP .40. One ragged hole at 25 yards!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #35

Liked 1044 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 682

This is interesting. Until now, HK has never been on my radar. It is uncommon around here to see them on the shelves, hear people talk about them, or see someone shooting one. I personally do not know ONE HK owner. Never shot one. Knowing what I know, I'd put them in the same category as Beretta, SIG, CZ, (which I do own) and some others. Not sure what their actual pricing tier looks like, but it would likely be the killer for me to actually buy one. I thought the price on the SIG P938 I bought last year was pretty steep. Very nice gun though, and worth the price.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister

They are number 1 because they are hundreds of dollars cheaper when purchased for law enforcement. Goverments think more about money then lives. I have fired Glocks that have jammed on me and they were nowhere close to 100,000 rounds. We had to field strip one Glock 17. That would have cost a person their life.
Yes, I heard this too from my friend. Until now I have not decided yet. I am not convinced with some folks here to buy the glock. All of their comments and opinions are all the same.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
There's a follow-on to this out there where the writer goes into detail explaining his opinions. I found it pretty funny as well.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/
ROTFLMAO!!! The comments are priceless.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #38
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1100 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I have two grand to drop on any pistol that will do the following (better than my Glock 20)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10mm

High capacity (at least 20, with 30 round mags available)

Polymer to cut down on weight

Built in guide rod laser

Holster ready BlackHawk, Serpa II

External Safety, Trigger Block Safety is fine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fact is, no other gun maker comes close to making a pistol with the brawn of a Glock 20.

You guys holding down the fort with Glocks in 9mm and .40 S&W, I understand, it looks like a Glock 20.

In other calibers, lots of choices. In 10mm, really no choices at all.

forumrunner_20130609_230303.jpg

Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 265 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 118

I own the USP and USPC in 45. It is perhaps the most extensively tested platform on the planet. I see no need to revisit how accurate or reliable they are, just read the Army test. ( 30,000 plus P loads - most frames will crack around 20,000.)

Do you Need that much over engineering ? Most people do not. Glock is the no 1 police weapon because govts are budget strapped and quite frankly, Glock is the lowest bidder. The ergonomics are like a 2X4 and they just look pitiful but no one buys a Glock for its looks or the trigger.

Will a Glock get the job done - Yes, they are a proven platform. I have shot several in every caliber except 10mm. The design is very simple and really hasn't changed since the 1980s. You need to add $100 approx to your Glock budget for another barrel if you want to shoot lead or reloads. Glocks idea of perfection isn't quite perfect but it was a damn good first try for a coat hanger designer. . Oh, and don't forget a few dollars more to replace the plastic sights.

The good news is you have a wealth of aftermarket parts to choose from.

Yet, it is not fair to compare a $500 pistol w a $900 dollar one. HK is hammer fired which allows for a second chance or strike capability. No such luck w the striker fired Glock but you can train yourself to cycle the slide. Sig w be a better Apples to Apples comparison.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 06-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #40

Go on YouTube and search glock torture test. After you watch that search glock vs HK.
In the Glock torture test by big bore from Adco he buries the gun for a year or two, digs it up cleans it with some water and then shoots the crap out of it.
People complain that Glocks have not been updated . seriously ? Why would they change anything when its the most reliable handgun in the world. Why would they change when the other mfgs continually copy what they have done.
HK is a good gun but way overpriced IMO. To me why would I buy one HK when I could get 2 Glocks .
People hate Glocks for a multitude of reasons but when the facts are shown they are #1 in sales and they are the most reliable period.
I'm a competitive shooter and I shoot a G34 and a G17. My G17 has over 20,000 rounds thru it without one single malfunction. My G34 is only a few months old so it round count is only about 2,000 but still ... No malfs at all.
Bottom line is haters will hate but facts are facts and a Glock cannot be beat.

In the world of AR-15's Quality is worth the price.
Molon Labe
Veritas Aequitas