Are glocks models no longer current or absolete? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are glocks models no longer current or absolete?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Oops, USP comes in compact version too. Sorry.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #12

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 647

I don't like Glock 'cause of the looks, and I'm not a fan of polymer guns in general, but I'd say no issue. If you like Glock, get one. Fine quality, and still in general use, as far as I'm aware....

And a lot of people are still buying Moisin's, right?

Old 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by north1020
Also some friends advices me to get the XD's or HK45C. Are these brands better that glock?
Glocks are great guns they are just not right for everyone. I myself have small hands and glocks just don't feel right for me. I have and xds and I love it I've never been happier with a pistol. But I would advise you to try to get your hands on one and compare how it feels in your hand to the glock. Shoot it if you can then make your choice but both are solid options.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #14

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I carry a G35 .40 cal and haven't had any problems with it. Like the other members are saying that there are plenty of quality firearms out there to try. When looking for a firearm ALWAYS handle a ton of firearms before making a decision. It has to feel right to YOU and not us.. We can give you hundreds of OPINIONS, but it is YOUR choice of firearm. You can't go wrong with any GLOCKS IMHO. Have fun looking for a firearm!!!!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 207 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
HK is awesome.
It's just me, and I KNOW it's not rational, but every time I see someone
lauding the virtues of Hk I think of this:

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Posted on October 9, 2007 by correia45
An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department: In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
Buy our stuff.
Sincerely
HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a glock 27 and a glock 19 both gen 4. They have both been extremely reliable with no issuses. I do hear xdm and the xds are nice guns too.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Ummm, I was a glock hater for awhile. Just got obe a month ago and LOVE it. It's my go to. Glock 22 gen 3 40 S&W.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #18

HK is great, but expensive. Springfield is good too. But your friend doesn't know what he is talking about. Glocks are the most widely used pistols in law enforcement by far. They are a great value for the money and will outlast you.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #19

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I apologize in advance for the following comments being sharp.

1. Your friend is completely unqualified to open his mouth again about guns if he is serious.

2. For people that say 40 Glocks are unreliable, PLEASE give me some citations of ANY Glocks that have kaboomed using factory ammo. Also Gen4 Glocks were made specifically for 40. Stop repeating internet forum "I heard" crap.

3. I have shot over 20 different Glocks and NEVER had ANY problems. Not one round in thousands. Can't say that about any other gun I have shot except my new XDM.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #20

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
It's just me, and I KNOW it's not rational, but every time I see someone
lauding the virtues of Hk I think of this:

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Posted on October 9, 2007 by correia45
An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department: In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
Buy our stuff.
Sincerely
HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Hahaha - funny stuff!
I had an HK USP in .40
It was well made - zero malfunctions - overall a very good pistol.
However, I just never really enjoyed it. Not sure if it was the round (I tell myself that I will never own another .40 after it) or just the gun, but I just never really enjoyed shooting it for some reason.
Sold it after several years of sitting in the safe.