Are glocks models no longer current or absolete? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are glocks models no longer current or absolete?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
There are many reasons why I tend to buy certain brand name guns, first it has to meet my need, is reliable and affordable. With that said there are hundreds of guns that meet my criteria but not all manufacturers provide adequate customer support to the buyers of their guns. I owned several guns in the past that were produced by a company that never admitted to any fault of their weapon and in most cases blame the ammo that was being used. Glock is one of those companies.

Case in point, Gock is presently experiencing a striker problem and when reported to Glock and without investigation it was immediately blamed on the ammo being used. When in fact it is most likely the material being used for the striker.

This all came to screeching halt when the Palm Beach County Sheriffs department experienced a very large number of service weapon failures, and only then did Glock send a representative to address the issue.

Careful Brother, your messing w the GlockoNutz and they are very faithful - some even honestly believe in the whole "Glock Perfection Deal" (hook, line & sinker). They will come out of the woodwork to go on the attack !

Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #102

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't believe the Palm Beach story. If one police department had massive weapon failures, wouldn't it follow that this would be a universal problem across many police departments throughout the country? Since Glock is used by more LEO than any other weapon produced, I am sure this issue you are blowing out of proportion would be a huge discussion on this and other forums. I haven't seen it. I recently dumped my M&P's because they aren't right for me, but I don't complain about them. I go with Glock & Ruger because of their unsurpassed reliability and the customer service is second to none.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #103

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieHaynes View Post
Glocks are the most reliable pistols on the planet over 6000 rounds on my Glock 30 no trouble at all.
Really? Because I've carried a Glock 22 as my issue weapon for 19 years and I've seen and experienced lots of malfunctions over the years. Our guns are replaced every few years and properly maintained by certified armorers on a yearly basis but they still fail from time to time.

My Sig 228 I bought in 1991 has never had a single malfunction in 22 years.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #104

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I don't believe the Palm Beach story. If one police department had massive weapon failures, wouldn't it follow that this would be a universal problem across many police departments throughout the country? Since Glock is used by more LEO than any other weapon produced, I am sure this issue you are blowing out of proportion would be a huge discussion on this and other forums. I haven't seen it. I recently dumped my M&P's because they aren't right for me, but I don't complain about them. I go with Glock & Ruger because of their unsurpassed reliability and the customer service is second to none.
Why is it so hard to believe that story. To me it seems very logical since most police forces have their weapons maintained by armorers like Max-Q said above and if the armorer installed the wrong part or fixed all guns the same way it is possible the fix he was doing was done incorrectly. Just saying.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #105

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_girsan_1911 View Post

Why is it so hard to believe that story. To me it seems very logical since most police forces have their weapons maintained by armorers like Max-Q said above and if the armorer installed the wrong part or fixed all guns the same way it is possible the fix he was doing was done incorrectly. Just saying.
In your defense there was some issue with our Glocks a few years ago. All officers were ordered to bring the guns to an armorer immediately. I don't recall what the issue was and I don't think we were ever actually told what was wrong. I work for a state police agency and the only thing I can remember was all 1,000+ Troopers were ordered to have their guns looked at immediately.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #106

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Q

In your defense there was some issue with our Glocks a few years ago. All officers were ordered to bring the guns to an armorer immediately. I don't recall what the issue was and I don't think we were ever actually told what was wrong. I work for a state police agency and the only thing I can remember was all 1,000+ Troopers were ordered to have their guns looked at immediately.
This is probably what went on in Palm Beach. The armorer noticed the same issue more than once, mentioned it to his or her superior, and was instructed to check all guns. And just like gunsmiths, there are good ones and not-so-good ones. That is true for all us by the way, regardless of what we do for a living. It is also safe to assume every firearm manufacturer is going to come up with a weapon now and then that doesn't perform as advertised. That's not a reason to condemn all guns made by that manufacturer.