Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock or XDM . 45 ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrill
I love my XDM I'm just debating on picking up a Glock. But I love my XDM. I wil check out a few tmrw and keep you guys posted
Take it from someone who owns them both. (With the exception that my glock is a .40)
Bottom line it's a personal choice. See what fits you best.

My opinion is as flows.
The XD line is my preference. The trigger is smooth.The glock trigger absolutely sucks. I like the grip safety on the XD(M). It is just extra insurance (no glock leg). The slide release/stop is to flush on the glock. The XD(m) has a ambi mag release without having to change it over. (A buddy of mine is left handed. If shtf and I had to give him the glock in a hurry there could be issues) The recoil spring seams flimsy and crappy on my glock. The grip on the glock dose not bother me. Even tho I like the XD(m) grip better. I can shoot one just as good as the other. Not the case for most people. (You like it or you don't). The glock has an unsupported chamber. There for it shortens the life of you brass if you are a reloader. You can not shoot non jacketed bullets in a glock. These are the 2 things that tend to lead to a kaboom in a glock if done to much. To correct these to problems you will have to buy a aftermarket barrel.

Bottom line XD(m) all the way. Who wont's to spend $550 on a gun then another $500 worth of work to it. Just buy one that has all you need out the box.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #12

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
XDM had fit me a bit better, but glock and XD both work. We can battle all day and bring in the fanboys of both but it comes down to you holding shooting and feeling both and seeing what takes your heart. I would say congrats to either or dare i say....BOTH?!? :P
Double dog!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #13

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glock trumps all other guns for function and reliability hands down.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

Take it from someone who owns them both. (With the exception that my glock is a .40)
Bottom line it's a personal choice. See what fits you best.

My opinion is as flows.
The XD line is my preference. The trigger is smooth.The glock trigger absolutely sucks. I like the grip safety on the XD(M). It is just extra insurance (no glock leg). The slide release/stop is to flush on the glock. The XD(m) has a ambi mag release without having to change it over. (A buddy of mine is left handed. If shtf and I had to give him the glock in a hurry there could be issues) The recoil spring seams flimsy and crappy on my glock. The grip on the glock dose not bother me. Even tho I like the XD(m) grip better. I can shoot one just as good as the other. Not the case for most people. (You like it or you don't). The glock has an unsupported chamber. There for it shortens the life of you brass if you are a reloader. You can not shoot non jacketed bullets in a glock. These are the 2 things that tend to lead to a kaboom in a glock if done to much. To correct these to problems you will have to buy a aftermarket barrel.

Bottom line XD(m) all the way. Who wont's to spend $550 on a gun then another $500 worth of work to it. Just buy one that has all you need out the box.
Hey IBwar15 thanks a lot ! Great information !

Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ibwar15 & zombie brawler thanks for all the great information!

I'm going to go shopping around tmrw I will keep you posted

Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #16

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrill
Ibwar15 & zombie brawler thanks for all the great information!

I'm going to go shopping around tmrw I will keep you posted
Good luck and have fun!!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Glock trumps all other guns for function and reliability hands down.
I would not say they trump all other guns. I will say they are just as reliable as a XD(m) or any other quality gun tho. The only reason I bought a glock is bc they are ugly as hell but you can still have trust them to work. Other than that they git a lot of negatives on my list. I don't care for them much.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 882 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

The hello kitty line of Glocks is a favorite among some.

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.

Last edited by AR10; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.
Looks like it was done with duck tape.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

That is wrong in so many ways.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA