Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock or XDM . 45 ????

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrill
I love my XDM I'm just debating on picking up a Glock. But I love my XDM. I wil check out a few tmrw and keep you guys posted
Take it from someone who owns them both. (With the exception that my glock is a .40)
Bottom line it's a personal choice. See what fits you best.

My opinion is as flows.
The XD line is my preference. The trigger is smooth.The glock trigger absolutely sucks. I like the grip safety on the XD(M). It is just extra insurance (no glock leg). The slide release/stop is to flush on the glock. The XD(m) has a ambi mag release without having to change it over. (A buddy of mine is left handed. If shtf and I had to give him the glock in a hurry there could be issues) The recoil spring seams flimsy and crappy on my glock. The grip on the glock dose not bother me. Even tho I like the XD(m) grip better. I can shoot one just as good as the other. Not the case for most people. (You like it or you don't). The glock has an unsupported chamber. There for it shortens the life of you brass if you are a reloader. You can not shoot non jacketed bullets in a glock. These are the 2 things that tend to lead to a kaboom in a glock if done to much. To correct these to problems you will have to buy a aftermarket barrel.

Bottom line XD(m) all the way. Who wont's to spend $550 on a gun then another $500 worth of work to it. Just buy one that has all you need out the box.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
XDM had fit me a bit better, but glock and XD both work. We can battle all day and bring in the fanboys of both but it comes down to you holding shooting and feeling both and seeing what takes your heart. I would say congrats to either or dare i say....BOTH?!? :P
Double dog!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 630
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Glock trumps all other guns for function and reliability hands down.

__________________
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. My rod is a GLOCK and it comforts me
danolator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyGrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

Take it from someone who owns them both. (With the exception that my glock is a .40)
Bottom line it's a personal choice. See what fits you best.

My opinion is as flows.
The XD line is my preference. The trigger is smooth.The glock trigger absolutely sucks. I like the grip safety on the XD(M). It is just extra insurance (no glock leg). The slide release/stop is to flush on the glock. The XD(m) has a ambi mag release without having to change it over. (A buddy of mine is left handed. If shtf and I had to give him the glock in a hurry there could be issues) The recoil spring seams flimsy and crappy on my glock. The grip on the glock dose not bother me. Even tho I like the XD(m) grip better. I can shoot one just as good as the other. Not the case for most people. (You like it or you don't). The glock has an unsupported chamber. There for it shortens the life of you brass if you are a reloader. You can not shoot non jacketed bullets in a glock. These are the 2 things that tend to lead to a kaboom in a glock if done to much. To correct these to problems you will have to buy a aftermarket barrel.

Bottom line XD(m) all the way. Who wont's to spend $550 on a gun then another $500 worth of work to it. Just buy one that has all you need out the box.
Hey IBwar15 thanks a lot ! Great information !
__________________
RustyGrill is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyGrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Ibwar15 & zombie brawler thanks for all the great information!

I'm going to go shopping around tmrw I will keep you posted

__________________
RustyGrill is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieBrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGrill
Ibwar15 & zombie brawler thanks for all the great information!

I'm going to go shopping around tmrw I will keep you posted
Good luck and have fun!!
__________________
ZombieBrawler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Glock trumps all other guns for function and reliability hands down.
I would not say they trump all other guns. I will say they are just as reliable as a XD(m) or any other quality gun tho. The only reason I bought a glock is bc they are ugly as hell but you can still have trust them to work. Other than that they git a lot of negatives on my list. I don't care for them much.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,944
Liked 882 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Default

The hello kitty line of Glocks is a favorite among some.

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.



__________________

Last edited by AR10; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 PM.
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
The hello kitty line of Glocks is a favorite among some.

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.
Looks like it was done with duck tape.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,637
Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The hello kitty line of Glocks is a favorite among some.

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.



That is wrong in so many ways.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
glock 19 gen3 or glock 19 gen4 ajs19ad6 General Handgun Discussion 14 10-03-2012 05:29 AM
I see S&Wvs.Glock,Glockvs.XD,XDvs.S&W&Glock, ect.. DodgerBlue Semi-Auto Handguns 24 04-14-2012 05:37 AM
24 Hour Sale - Glock Magazines from Glock 17 to 34 - $19.98 + Free Shipping Slickguns Sponsor Display 0 03-23-2012 03:22 AM
Used Glock 22 - $299, New Glock 22 - $439 + FREE SHIPPING at OMB Slickguns Sponsor Display 6 10-10-2011 11:35 AM
Frame from 3rd gen Glock 32 interchangeable with 2nd gen Glock 19/23? FlintandSteel General Handgun Discussion 3 02-09-2011 04:19 PM