glock vs hi point - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > glock vs hi point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
I came across one. But it turned out to be too short. I didn't feel like paying an SBS (Short Barreled Stick) tax. So I gave it to the dog. He turned it into a sub compact.
that's good! i needed a good laugh to start the day! truly funny!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #32

The gun store that I hangout at has sold more HiPoints than all the other guns put together. He said the reason being, is that the prices on name brand guns are so expensive most people can't afford them. He also said he's never had one come back. They do have a lifetime warranty, whereas some of the high price guns do not.
I don't badmouth them, but I hope it never gets to the point where thats all I can afford.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
The gun store that I hangout at has sold more HiPoints than all the other guns put together. He said the reason being, is that the prices on name brand guns are so expensive most people can't afford them. He also said he's never had one come back. They do have a lifetime warranty, whereas some of the high price guns do not.
I don't badmouth them, but I hope it never gets to the point where thats all I can afford.
well said chewchew! the Hi-Point may not be the prettiest gun on the market, but price wise and from a warranty standpoint, there are much worse for sale. not everyone can afford an expensive handgun for SD, and the Hi-Point found a market and captured it. it's inexpensive, reliable, excellent warranty and customer service. i think that this great marketing in practice. if an automaker did the same thing, we would have the Volkswagen beetle back!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #34

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

May not be the prettiest? One of the first threads I started was an ugly gun thread... There are a few out there uglier than the hi point, but not as many as I thought...

The price, warranty, and my experience with them has been very pretty...

Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #35

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Hell man if High Point engineered a Volkswagen it would weigh more than a coal train. Life time repair what BS a used High Point is not worth the $120 shipping cost to and from the company.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #36

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
Hell man if High Point engineered a Volkswagen it would weigh more than a coal train. Life time repair what BS a used High Point is not worth the $120 shipping cost to and from the company.
I think they pay it for you. Both ways if I'm not mistaken.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #37

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

I think they pay it for you. Both ways if I'm not mistaken.
They do. Hi point owners don't pay for repairs, period. You might end up paying if your not willing to wait for a pre paid shipping label, but they'll send you one if your willing to wait on the mail service.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #38

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have had 2 glocks and 2 hi-points. A G17, G21, hi-point C9 and a 4095TS

I paid $129 for the C9 and $339 for the TS. I can out shoot the Glocks anyday with the C9 up to about 75 yards. Once a stippled the grip and gave it grip so it would not slip it worked great. I have never needed to lube anything but the bore and that is only after cleaning it every 5,000 rounds. I have put 50K rounds thru my C9 */- 100 rounds, Never had a misfire or malfunction in any way shape or form. The TS is a great carbine. Its a .40 cal and I could not be happier with it I have over 25K rounds thru it and never had a hiccup with it either. The mags are $18 and you get them within 3 days of your order. Great customer service. I lost a part in shag carpet once, I called to order the new part and thought I would pay $10-$15 for it. They ask me my address and sent the part at no charge.

The Glocks on the other hand, I have had stove pipes, jams, mis fires and FTEs. Not that Glock does not make a great gun but have fun trying to shoot 1000 lead rounds from it in a single afternoon. The Glock would blow up in your hand. The Hi-point will not. People can poke fun all they want at Hi-Points but in the end in there life was on the line they would reach for hi-point at 5 feet away when the Glock was at 6 feet. you are not going to do any more damage to an intruder because of the name on the side of your gun. It just really does not matter that much. If they work and Hi-Points Just Work.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #39

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Hi Points just don't have the sex appeal.

The same guys that have to ride a Harley have to have Glocks - - - I think they are trying to make up for feeling inadequate in other areas!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

My Hi Point 45 is in my night stand, the slightly more expensive pistols are in the safe. Why you ask? My Hi Point is reliable and cheap. If someone breaks in during the middle of the night I know it will work just fine and protect me and whoever is lucky enough to be sleeping next to me that night. If they break in while I'm not home and it got stolen I wont be heart broken that it's gone like I would be with any of my other pistols and could replace it on the cheap.