Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > glock vs hi point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm not too sure that Hi Point wouldn't get more love if it just didn't look different. I have nothing negative to say about them since I know people who own them, they don't shoot a tremendous amount per year, but they haven't had a problem yet. I don't know that I would ever own one, but I wouldn't honestly mind shooting one just to see what all the fuss and/or hate is all about.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Glock vs Hi point are you serious ? lol

Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #13

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

It almost doesnt seem like it could ever be true but...you have a manufacture that charges 1k+ for their firearms and wont hardly lift a finger to help anyone...then you have Hi-point that charges like $150 for their firearms and they will bend over backwards and pay for everything needed to make you happy,even if its sending you a brand new gun... Hi-point may not be the most desirable firearm but their company has my upmost respect 100%.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

BsonomaMN Likes This 
Old 01-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #14

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207
I'll go out on a limb here.
I think Glock will price themselves up to the cost of a decent 1911 (add name of manufacturer here).
Hi-point is spending a lot of cash to fix & repair there pistols. I think if they can keep it together for a couple more years they will get that highly sought after cult following.
There pistols are cheap if they can keep there customers happy they can grow with there current demographic. Raise there prices slowly over time as there models change. Been done many times, old school capitalism @ it's best.
Personally I wouldn't buy a Hi-point firearm but I would buy there stock. as in stock market, no pun intended.
They (hi point) actually have raised their prices over the past few years, but I think it's just to keep up with inflation.

Used to be able to find them for 100 brand new, now I think their cheapest model is 125.

Personally, if I had to choose, I think I'd pick the GLOCK, but it would be a very hard decision. I have experience with both, and really the only thing I like about GLOCK better is the ammo capacity. I don't like the ergonomics of either, my personal experience has been that both are accurate and reliable in my hands, although I've heard the horror stories related to both.

In the end, I might would decide to save a little money and take the hi point, who knows... Leaves more money for ammo...
But not for my next gun purchase, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Colt 1911.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
It almost doesnt seem like it could ever be true but...you have a manufacture that charges 1k+ for their firearms and wont hardly lift a finger to help anyone...then you have Hi-point that charges like $150 for their firearms and they will bend over backwards and pay for everything needed to make you happy,even if its sending you a brand new gun... Hi-point may not be the most desirable firearm but their company has my upmost respect 100%.
I know a guy who bought a Hi Point and it wouldn't work at all. Simply wouldn't fire. Hi Point paid the return shipping for him to return the gun. Two days later they notified him that the gun was simply manufactured incorrectly and couldn't be fixed. They sent him a brand new gun. They overnighted it to his FFL dealer.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Hi Point Firearms are actually good weapons, there is several youtube videos of gun snobs trying to kill the hi point, but cant.
I own all 3 pistols 9mm, 40s&w, and .45acp. A little stiff at first but after you polish the feed rail and get them sighted in, they are really OK guns.

I like the fact that we have "Lower-End" Gun Companies like HiPoint, KelTec and Saiga. Not Everyone can afford a glock on their side but its nice to know that you have affordable protection or hobby guns in reach for under 200$ in a decent caliber

Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #17

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I like the video on youtube where the guy says he is going to demo a hi point 45 he shoots one clip through it turns around and throws it in the fire. Then goes and proceeds to demo a glock.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision View Post
I like the video on youtube where the guy says he is going to demo a hi point 45 he shoots one clip through it turns around and throws it in the fire. Then goes and proceeds to demo a glock.
Yeah, that's a good one. But then some people have the money to buy guns and throw them in a fire. Some of us don't.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #19

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Hi-point, like kel-tec, etc are a tool for a specific purpose. Reliable, affordable tools which one can use to defend themselves if it is ever needed. It is not a "range gun" that you would buy specifically to put thousands upon thousands of rounds downrange...although I would suspect that you could.

Just my opinion.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #20

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201

Yeah, that's a good one. But then some people have the money to buy guns and throw them in a fire. Some of us don't.
Well I wouldnt waste my money on one in the first place.