glock vs hi point
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > glock vs hi point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default glock vs hi point

I was at a friends house 1 day, I saw them shooting a pistol. So I went over there to see how he was doing with it, to my horror it was a hi point. I was like wow. (Junk). So he was claming that his hi point was way better than my glock. I was like yea friend that's why they sell them crappy old glocks for 600 bucks. What a idoit. Later on I got rid of my glock for a Xd. I've owned a hipoint and I got rid of it as fast as I coulda.

I need to find a better avatar.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #2

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

...so, what exactly would you like us to add to this?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

from what i have heard about the Hi-Points is the warranty is excellent and lifetime, no matter who the current owner is. many say they function perfectly and are decent in accuracy. downside is they are top heavy and butt-ugly! but if a person was on a tight budget and needed a firearm for casual shooting and SD, they could do much worse. now it wouldn't be my first choice, but considering the price of them new, and like i said, if a person didn't have a lot to spend, this would, IMO be a viable option. just because it doesn't look fancy and high dollar doesn't mean it's junk. dont judge a book by it's cover. try one out before you condemn it!

Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A Hi Point is better then a sharp stick for SD.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 View Post
A Hi Point is better then a sharp stick for SD.
AMEN! another good thing about the Hi-Point, it's heavy enough to use as a club when you run out of ammo!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

A lot of people malign Hi Point. But my son bought one after he got married. All he could afford. Ugly and clunky. Heavy enough to use for a boat anchor. The bore of the gun looked like it had been carved out with a hammer and chisel. But when he pulled the trigger, there was a loud bang and a bullet came out of the end very fast. This happened every time he pulled the trigger. Without fail.

Oh, and everyone has heard the horror stories about bad Hi Points. Yep, they do turn them out. But their warranty has already been mentioned. I know a buy who bought one that was basically a single shot. Jammed every single time. He called Hi Point. They sent him a pre paid shipping label to return it. 10 days later he got it back. Since then it has never even hiccuped. It's been perfect.

Would a Hi Point be my first choice? No. But they work. And if they don't, Hi Point will make them work, with customer service that other companies should take example from. And that $120 Hi Point will kill a bad guy just as dead as a $3000 Les Baer custom job.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
A lot of people malign Hi Point. But my son bought one after he got married. All he could afford. Ugly and clunky. Heavy enough to use for a boat anchor. The bore of the gun looked like it had been carved out with a hammer and chisel. But when he pulled the trigger, there was a loud bang and a bullet came out of the end very fast. This happened every time he pulled the trigger. Without fail.

Oh, and everyone has heard the horror stories about bad Hi Points. Yep, they do turn them out. But their warranty has already been mentioned. I know a buy who bought one that was basically a single shot. Jammed every single time. He called Hi Point. They sent him a pre paid shipping label to return it. 10 days later he got it back. Since then it has never even hiccuped. It's been perfect.

Would a Hi Point be my first choice? No. But they work. And if they don't, Hi Point will make them work, with customer service that other companies should take example from. And that $120 Hi Point will kill a bad guy just as dead as a $3000 Les Baer custom job.
this is what customer service should be. and from what i have read and heard, the warranty goes with the firearm, no matter who it's current owner is. i would call this excellent service.

well put, about the price point difference!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #8

Liked 1977 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 1309

I would buy a high point before a Taurus any day. And I have owned both.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I'll go out on a limb here.
I think Glock will price themselves up to the cost of a decent 1911 (add name of manufacturer here).
Hi-point is spending a lot of cash to fix & repair their pistols. I think if they can keep it together for a couple more years they will get that highly sought after cult following.
Their pistols are cheap if they can keep there customers happy they can grow with their current demographic. Raise their prices slowly over time as their models change. Been done many times, old school capitalism @ it's best.
Personally I wouldn't buy a Hi-point firearm but I would buy their stock. as in stock market, no pun intended.

Last edited by robocop10mm; 02-03-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Fixesd it for you. At least most of it.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My old neighbor/friend of mine has a 9mm Hi-Point, and he used to brag and boast about that thing as much as he could. I shot it a few times and like some of you have said, it's clunky and it's not the prettiest of pistols, but it shoots. He used to say that his pistol was better than both of my pistols (XD & XDM), I usually just nodded my head, smiled and said uh huh. It used to be a chore to talk firearms with that guy, gdamn.