Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock, Sig or Beretta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Get the Glock. You won't regret it.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

As with any firearm it all depends on the shooter. I own one of each. When I got out of the service my first handgun purchase was a G19 Gen 3. Not too long after I bought a Beretta 92FS. And later on I bought a Sig Sauer SP2022. I like the G19's compact features and the huge selection of accessories and magazines Glock makes for all their guns. I was an Expert Marksman in the Military using the Beretta M9 and that same marksmanship holds true to this day with my 92FS. To me, shooting guns with big grips always helps me have better accuracy and the Beretta's beefy grip is no exception. The Sig has been very reliable and I shoot just as well with it like I do the 92FS. I like Sigs reputation and for the SP2022 being Sigs cheaper model since its polymer framed I really think its one of the best bang for your buck guns out there. Now some of the cons are minor and some are personal. The G19 to me is too light in weight and for some reason I can never shoot as accurately with it as I can with the others (this issue is truly personal mind you, I don't do so well with smaller and lighter handguns, not just compact Glocks) I've also encountered a few FTF and some FTE here and there with the G19. To be fair it could be a faulty mag (although all my Glock mags are factory new) or possibly it's the ammo I use at times (Im not an ammo "brand snob" so I cannot say what ammo caused those issues in the past) The Beretta is a duty gun meaning its a tad bit big for a 9mm pistol (not really an issue just something to think about) and in all honesty even though I shoot the Beretta very well, I only bought it because I used and carried one while I was in the Military. If I never enlisted I may have never bothered to buy one. Now for my model Sig I hate the fact the magazines are hard to come by and are ridiculously expensive. I rarely find them in any of my LGS and when I do they want $40+ and commonly I see them at $50 online. Magazine costs and scarcity are probably the biggest gripe with this gun. Overall, great guns, great reputations, and great fun at the range. Id recommend any of them.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #23

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

ahem!, ok so why isn't Smith & Wesson on this list? lol

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 11-19-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #24

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwot_veteran88 View Post
As with any firearm it all depends on the shooter. I own one of each. When I got out of the service my first handgun purchase was a G19 Gen 3. Not too long after I bought a Beretta 92FS. And later on I bought a Sig Sauer SP2022. I like the G19's compact features and the huge selection of accessories and magazines Glock makes for all their guns. I was an Expert Marksman in the Military using the Beretta M9 and that same marksmanship holds true to this day with my 92FS. To me, shooting guns with big grips always helps me have better accuracy and the Beretta's beefy grip is no exception. The Sig has been very reliable and I shoot just as well with it like I do the 92FS. I like Sigs reputation and for the SP2022 being Sigs cheaper model since its polymer framed I really think its one of the best bang for your buck guns out there. Now some of the cons are minor and some are personal. The G19 to me is too light in weight and for some reason I can never shoot as accurately with it as I can with the others (this issue is truly personal mind you, I don't do so well with smaller and lighter handguns, not just compact Glocks) I've also encountered a few FTF and some FTE here and there with the G19. To be fair it could be a faulty mag (although all my Glock mags are factory new) or possibly it's the ammo I use at times (Im not an ammo "brand snob" so I cannot say what ammo caused those issues in the past) The Beretta is a duty gun meaning its a tad bit big for a 9mm pistol (not really an issue just something to think about) and in all honesty even though I shoot the Beretta very well, I only bought it because I used and carried one while I was in the Military. If I never enlisted I may have never bothered to buy one. Now for my model Sig I hate the fact the magazines are hard to come by and are ridiculously expensive. I rarely find them in any of my LGS and when I do they want $40+ and commonly I see them at $50 online. Magazine costs and scarcity are probably the biggest gripe with this gun. Overall, great guns, great reputations, and great fun at the range. Id recommend any of them.
I love my Glock 17.But when I fired a 92FS,I found I handled it better than my Glock.Not sure if I would ever trade my Glock for a 92 ,but a 92 will be my next gun as soon as I can save up for one.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #25

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I'll take all three to be honest. I have my first Glock on the way. I will have at least one variant of the 92. And there are plenty of Sigs I want.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #26
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2308 Times on 1374 Posts
Likes Given: 1067

I find it interesting that this thread was started November 7th.
After 3 pages, the OP still has not posted any updates.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #27

Liked 104 Times on 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
I find it interesting that this thread was started November 7th. After 3 pages, the OP still has not posted any updates.
I guess we didn't help much, lol. Asking what brand is better is just like asking which caliber is better. People are only gonna post personal preference or say they are all great firearms, which they are.