Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock - s&w - h&k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock - s&w - h&k

GLOCK 21 to 45 ACP - The first polymer a global icon
S & W M & P - 45 ACP - The recent and modern polymer S & W
H & K - the latest polymer 45 ACP H & K (sin for lost important contracts to purchase)

I know, are all fine but what weapons could choose and why? In your opinion, what are their strengths and weaknesses?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

First choice M&P, second choice H&H, both are fine handguns IMHO, and reliable for poly guns. Have you had a chance to shoot either one yet?

I have shot and used both, other than longer trigger play, as compared to my Colts and Wilson .45's either one or both are keepers for me. I do prefer my M&P .45 for competition shooting as well as my Wilson. It performs remarkably well, shooting groups at 25-30 yards and I carry it CCW rotated with my other two 1911's. I like to give BG's a little variety and surprise! I think they deserve that, in some cases.

I suggest you find a range and shoot all three so you may decide for yourself, because that will be the finale personal test to making your decision. I think you will agree with my choices, but that's me, and I am bias.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #3

I will choose the M&P, because of the experiences I have had with mine.
Easy field strip maintenance, accurate, dependable, durable, etc.
I never leave home without mine.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

H&K because their grips fit me VERY well and my experience with them has been flawless. I like the LEM trigger on mine because of the light consistent trigger pull on every shot and the reset is very short which is great when you need fast multiple shots.

No experience with the M&P but I know a few folks that have them and they really like them.

Glock is one of the sore spots in life. Great guns and all but they do NOT fit my hand, even the new SF 21. In 2010 Glock is coming out with the next generation guns with interchangeable backstraps like the H&K. Maybe then I'll find one I can actually like shooting.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #5

Default Today...

Today I went from my arms, to know how many cost € the three guns.
The GLOCK € 610, S & W 520 €, and the H & K that is not currently available, would cost more than 1,000 €. The H & K costs too much! The GLOCK 21 SF wields it bad, (my hand is small). So I ordered the S & W M & P 45. I hope it is better treatment at MELON than two years ago. At that time many people complained that they were forming patches of orange rust on the stem.
Hopefully well!

From Italy, a Merry Christmas to all friends of the forum.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 221 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 27

HK is sort of in its own category, since it costs 50%+ more than other poly guns. Glock vs M&P just boils down to personal preference. I'd lean toward the M&P.

I've actually been browsing around at poly 45acp options of late. I really like the XD45, but the DA/SA FNP-45 is probably tops on my list at the moment. Although that $379 Glock 37 (GAP) at Bud's is tempting. I figure if I didn't like it I could probably sell it locally and probably even make a slight profit.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktarus View Post

From Italy, a Merry Christmas to all friends of the forum.
...and Merry Christmas to you my friend!!
I believe you made a great choice. My M&P pistol is one of my favorite firearms. It gets the most carry time of all.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #8

Default for Underfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
HK is sort of in its own category, since it costs 50%+ more than other poly guns. Glock vs M&P just boils down to personal preference. I'd lean toward the M&P.

I've actually been browsing around at poly 45acp options of late. I really like the XD45, but the DA/SA FNP-45 is probably tops on my list at the moment. Although that $379 Glock 37 (GAP) at Bud's is tempting. I figure if I didn't like it I could probably sell it locally and probably even make a slight profit.

I have excluded from the list the XD 45, and the FNP 45 only because in Italy are not approved. As I said earlier, I see no obvious flaws but actually of the three models, one that has the right price and that holds the better the M & P 45.La My choice is for M & P 45, which certainly will be purchasing. I just have to wait until the end of January for € € € that now I have not.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would cast my vote for the M&P, with no thumb safety. It's a good gun at a fair price. The H&K comes in second, if money is not an issue. The Glock is my last choice, not because of any fault of the gun, I just like the "feel" of the other two better.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.