Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock leg syndrome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7668 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 9890

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
glock leg occurs with 1911's 92f sig p22x revolvers xdm xd sw m&p on and on
Excellent point. People have been shooting themselves because of negligence for as long as there have been firearms. It is not in any way a Glock thing. it is a Stupid thing.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

GLOCK leg syndrome is another term for, "I couldn't keep my darn fingers outta the trigger gaurd". It's simply an operator error thing. As long as you're safe with it, you'll be fine.

-Matt

Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Don't do it, their horrible and out to put holes in your pants and im not talking cool butt flaps or anything. Dangerous firearms with a mind of their own!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock View Post
Operator error. Keep your finger off the trigger.
....Yup, keep your booger hook out of the trigger guard and all should be just fine. I've heard all kinds of Glock leg stories but never known one to happen to anyone I known. I'm not a real fan of striker fired pistols but it's more of a I just like a DA/SA with external hammer more. I've had a few and just didn't care for them all that much so they never stick around long. And I think most of them are just flat ugly. But they are fine pistols, I don't see them as any less safe. There's a reason there are so many different kinds of pistols out there. There's no one size fits all. And I"m real glad there isn't

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
. . .most of the cases involving glock leg are from people trying to reholster a gloc into a worn or defective holster. . . etc.
Thus kydex instead of cheap leather.
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

People have been rearranging their leg/buttocks for years before the Glock was even a twinkle in Gaston's eye. For years the 1911 was feared as the "inherently unsafe" pistol design. I even know a Texas Ranger who shot himself in the azz with his 1911. I know several people who have racing stripes down their leg from D/A revolvers.

Stupid or momentary lapse of reason, call it what you may. Firearms are potentially dangerous tools (like nail guns, circular saws and cars). All it takes is a careless moment and bad things can happen. Equipment is another issue. Using improper accessories can greatly enhance the potential for tragedy. Holsters MUST be rigid at the reigger guard. Many a holster has activated the bang switch upon reholstering. Blackhawk Serpa holsters are associated with many such incidents involving drawing. I would never take a free Serpa. I would pass it along to someone I do not like.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #17

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
People have been rearranging their leg/buttocks for years before the Glock was even a twinkle in Gaston's eye. For years the 1911 was feared as the "inherently unsafe" pistol design. I even know a Texas Ranger who shot himself in the azz with his 1911. I know several people who have racing stripes down their leg from D/A revolvers.

Stupid or momentary lapse of reason, call it what you may. Firearms are potentially dangerous tools (like nail guns, circular saws and cars). All it takes is a careless moment and bad things can happen. Equipment is another issue. Using improper accessories can greatly enhance the potential for tragedy. Holsters MUST be rigid at the reigger guard. Many a holster has activated the bang switch upon reholstering. Blackhawk Serpa holsters are associated with many such incidents involving drawing. I would never take a free Serpa. I would pass it along to someone I do not like.
I'm glad I don't know you lol.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #18

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Also somewhere was video where a guy shot his hip sitting in his car was useing a left hand cheap owb no form holster inside a belt on the right and the holster had a folded in section that fired the glock when he shoved in. BANG. hard to fix stupid. That could happen with ANY long da type trigger or any stricker only trigger and some revolvers I guess.

Last edited by hardluk1; 11-26-2012 at 02:48 PM.
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #19

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Always gotta be someone dissing on the serpa holster.
Only dumb@$$es shoot themselves/others "accidentally" period. Of the thousand's of serpa holsters sold and used on a daily basis a few so called "experts" shoot themselves because of poor training and people jump to defend their poor gun handling as an equipment failure. The equipment failure was the failure between the ears not the holster. Taking responsibility means in every area if life. You don't get to cherry pick when the lack of situational awareness causes an accident to suddenly blame equipment which isn't faulty. Blame the @$$hole holding the weapon.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8322 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

With a holster AND firearm in perfect condition, it is possible to shoot self in the adze (if'n you are a dumbadze). Here's how:

Hold firearm with your finger ON the trigger. INSIDE the trigger guard- the thing that was put on a gun to shield the trigger.

With the finger ON the trigger, attempt to return gun to holster. As you slide it in, the holster, which covers the trigger to protect it, will push the finger back onto the trigger, pulling the trigger.

Followed by a loud noise, smell of gunsmoke, yelling and screaming about that %$^&*( pistol.

The pistol that did EXACTLY what it was designed to do- fire when X pounds of pressure is applied to the front of the trigger.

Generally this is caused by a headspace problem- the space between the earplugs.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Balota Likes This