Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock leg syndrome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Default Glock leg syndrome

I Am finally considering a DA only striker fired pistol for a CCW and would appreciate some input about the "Glock Leg Syndrome" where the pistol owner shoots him/herself while reholstering their weapon.Is this truly a serious mechanical issue or just plain carelessness?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #2

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Operator error. Keep your finger off the trigger.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Plain carelessness. My husband carries a Glock with OIC and I have no worries.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #4

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop
I Am finally considering a DA only striker fired pistol for a CCW and would appreciate some input about the "Glock Leg Syndrome" where the pistol owner shoots him/herself while reholstering their weapon.Is this truly a serious mechanical issue or just plain carelessness?
It is pure carelessness upon the owner, PERIOD!!! I've been carrying my GLOCK 35 for 10 months and haven't had any problems. The ONLY way to shoot yourself is if you PULL THE TRIGGER, so that means OWNER FAILURE!!! Do not blame the firearms operation if it is doing what it was meant to do when the TRIGGER is pulled. GLOCKS are an excellent firearm. There are alot of great firearms out there and alot of IDIOTS out there that BLAME GLOCK for this term. Do not let this scare you from a decision on a great firearm. Like I said earlier there are alot of great firearms out there. If you KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER you will not shoot yourself. This is my opinion about the GLOCKS.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #5

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

It is pure carelessness upon the owner, PERIOD!!! I've been carrying my GLOCK 35 for 10 months and haven't had any problems. The ONLY way to shoot yourself is if you PULL THE TRIGGER, so that means OWNER FAILURE!!! Do not blame the firearms operation if it is doing what it was meant to do when the TRIGGER is pulled. GLOCKS are an excellent firearm. There are alot of great firearms out there and alot of IDIOTS out there that BLAME GLOCK for this term. Do not let this scare you from a decision on a great firearm. Like I said earlier there are alot of great firearms out there. If you KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER you will not shoot yourself. This is my opinion about the GLOCKS.
I read this and saw its a great BLOCK of you BLOCK right with you BLOCK. Lmao. Sorry fathead. Just playing. I agree, it's all in the owner. No such thing as an accidental.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7727 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

Purely operator error. Familiarize yourself with how the Glock functions and you will have no problems. Keep the boogerhook off the bangswitch and they are one of the safest guns out there. They only fire when you pull the trigger.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5249 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 331

pure carelessness. just to qualify this, i detest glocks and everything about gaston glock and his entire company. the man is a slimeball.

most of the cases involving glock leg are from people trying to reholster a gloc into a worn or defective holster. mostly this occurs with the donut eating segment of police officers. their fat bellys bend the edges of holsters enough to set the gun off when it snags the trigger. it lso occurs with the batman section of officers. these are the types that have every gadget known to man overloading their belts.

glock leg occurs with 1911's 92f sig p22x revolvers xdm xd sw m&p on and on.

pay attention to safety and how worn your gear is and using a proper holster for your build and clothing choices and it wont happen to you

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Balota Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I carry a Glock 26 day in and day out iwb with Bo problems ever. Its jus like carrying any other firearm imo

Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #9

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

I read this and saw its a great BLOCK of you BLOCK right with you BLOCK. Lmao. Sorry fathead. Just playing. I agree, it's all in the owner. No such thing as an accidental.
There is one person on here that blames the gun. He probably will comment on this thread. It's just funny when people blame the firearm for what it is supposed to do.. BLOCK or a ton of bricks in your hand, I'll use either one.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop View Post
This guy has it...along with a complete lack of sense in bringing a loaded gun into a classroom for a demonstration.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington