Glock Gen4 G27 Eating My Palm
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Gen4 G27 Eating My Palm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Glock Gen4 G27 Eating My Palm

Hi everyone...I'm very very new at this....like 4 weeks into this...and I bought a Glock G27 .40 subcompact. I went and took my CCW class and am waiting for my license. Plus I have a few lessons scheduled this week.

So I just got my new G27 and went to shoot it tonight for the 1st time at the range. I ran 200 rounds through it. The gun worked great....me I'm shooting a little low and to the left.

The end of the grip on the gun ends right in the middle of my palm. The extremely rough testure of this Glock is eating the palm of my hand.

I thought that after I rented a few guns...mostly Glocks and a few Sigs that since I shot the Glock more accurate and a deputy friend of mine said just get the Glock I would be good to go.

So I walked around the vast gun counters and started talking to a sales guy (not on commision at this place) and he put a Beretta Px4 Storm in my hand...wow it felt great! Then he put a M&P and a HK something and they felt good too but the Beretta felt the best.

I'm looking for top quality, works all the time, easy to conceal. Any idea on how to stop the rough knobby texture on my Glock to keep from chewing up my palm? Maybe I'll just get a thicker skin there...LOL

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You should look into getting a pachmayr slip on grip or get the new one that is out called Tuff1 grips that s what I have on my glock and it feels great and gives allot better grip.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts

Sand paper.

Or a soldering iron.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

this may help, since you say you new to this..
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #5

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
Hi everyone...I'm very very new at this....like 4 weeks into this...and I bought a Glock G27 .40 subcompact.

I'm looking for top quality, works all the time, easy to conceal. Any idea on how to stop the rough knobby texture on my Glock to keep from chewing up my palm? Maybe I'll just get a thicker skin there...LOL
Keep the G27 for CCW. Get a G22 full size for trigger therapy at the range. Problem solved!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #6

My first recommendation would be to leave it as is. The grippy RTF texture helps in aquiring a fast follow up should you ever need to use in a defensive situation (think possibility of sweat or rain or whatever). That should be a main concern if this is to be your EDC. As for longer practice sessions, try wearing thin gloves.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #7

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Sounds to me that your grip is too low...read this...

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #8

Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Big Ole Serious THANKS...to all that have replied.

rigjumpr...yeah I saw that chart at my gun store range....I'm working on those things.

Gatoragn, yep, I was thinking of getting a full size or bigger gun for longer practice. Maybe do 100 rounds each time with my little G27 and 200 rounds with a full size gun.

For my next pistol do you all siggest I stay with a Glock...or try a different brand? I can see 2 sides to this....staying with a Glock...everything is the same as my small Glock. Going with a different brand..I might find something I like even better plus learn more about guns in general.

Knowing me and my personality...when I get my CCW back in the mail I'll probably go to the store and cut a deal on 3 or so different guns to have fun with.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #9

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
For my next pistol do you all siggest I stay with a Glock...or try a different brand? I can see 2 sides to this....staying with a Glock...everything is the same as my small Glock. Going with a different brand..I might find something I like even better plus learn more about guns in general.
It is indeed a personal decision. I can share what I like in a pair of shoes, but you have to find what fits you. A full size Glock in the same caliber as your compact seem like a good idea to me at this stage.

But if you want an XD, a Beretta, a 1911 or even a nice wheel gun, no one can fault you for that.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #10

I added a grip extension to my 3rd gen 27 so my whole hand could fit the grip.
Plus you get to use a bigger 15 round mag. Cheap fix.