Glock or CZ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock or CZ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock or CZ?

I'm looking to purchase a 2nd gun. I've always loved the Glock 19. A buddy of mine told me to shoot a CZ before I made up my mind. So my last range visit I shot the CZ 75b. I really liked the feel of the steel frame and the ergos were super comfortable. The one I shot had a FTF every other round. I only shot off 8-10 rounds. Tried different ammo brands and had the same issues. It was super dirty inside and the slide spring was very light. I know the slide spring has nothing to do with it, but it felt very worn down. The reviews of the CZ are great. Not too many people don't like it. I also enjoyed the DA/SA trigger.

So, for those of you with experience with both guns, what do you recommend? Did I get a lemon tester at the range? Should I expect the same reliability from both pistols? All the Glocks I've tested are flawless. Never a FTF. I don't care too much for the looks of Glocks, but there is just something comforting about owning a gun you know will perform no matter what!
I'll eventually own both guns, but my question is, which gun would you choose first?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5650 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 372

problem was the spring was worn it needed to be replaced. very common on extremely high round count range guns. seen that issue on glocks 1911s xdm berreta just about everything that is in a rental situation is pretty abused.

recoil springs should be changed every 2500-5000 rounds if not more often

cz75b are superb firearms and will outshoot a glock any day of the week. if i had to choose it would be the cz no question at all. much better gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I have both and have no shortage of confidence in either doing its part.

The CZ is more fun to shoot, has a far better trigger, is a nicer, sharper looking gun, and makes a better shooter out of me. The 75b is one of my favorite platforms. Ultra accurate and reliable. The only down side is that it's a bit heavy to carry if that's part of the equation.

The only thing I like better about Glock is the light weight and the fact that its finish will really stand up to abuse. But that goes for most polymer frames, and I prefer the ergos and triggers on XDm and M&P to Glock. And they're every bit as tough and reliable in my experience.

YMMV.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I vote CZ.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

A properly cleaned and maintained CZ 75 is a pleasure to shoot.

I have nothing against Clocks, but the couple I've owned were sold fairly fast.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #6

Wow. 4 solid CZ votes. I really thought I'd get more evenly dispersed votes. I think I can buy one more gun this year, then another early next year. I was thinking Glock first then CZ, but I may need to rethink that. I really want to shoot the CZ more. Hopefully the other local range will have one in better shape I can test.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Glock.....

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I can vouch for the CZ75 SP-01 Tac. I have almost 2k through mine 5 different factory loads and 3 different reload recipes and not one hint of a problem. The only thing I ran into is the tight chamber tolerance of the CZ doesn’t allow for max overall length of some 124gr and 147gr projectiles when reloading but all you have to do is reduce the charge a touch and seat the projectile lower in the case…..same as the XDm apparently they still care about accuracy in Eastern Europe. It chambers any and all factory loaded ammo fine

THE nicest service pistol I have ever shot. It is like a 1911 and a High Power had a kid.....that was better than the parents lol

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700
I can vouch for the CZ75 SP-01 Tac. I have almost 2k through mine 5 different factory loads and 3 different reload recipes and not one hint of a problem. The only thing I ran into is the tight chamber tolerance of the CZ doesn’t allow for max overall length of some 124gr and 147gr projectiles when reloading but all you have to do is reduce the charge a touch and seat the projectile lower in the case…..same as the XDm apparently they still care about accuracy in Eastern Europe. It chambers any and all factory loaded ammo fine

THE nicest service pistol I have ever shot. It is like a 1911 and a High Power had a kid.....that was better than the parents lol
Beautiful gun! I really need to shoot one.
Can anyone compare the triggers to that of a Glock?

Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

This one is a joy to shoot.