Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock aiming impressions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Glock factory is a 5.5lb and in new York there not gonna make glocks a 12lb trigger , double action sigs and revolvers may have 12lbs but never a glock , I when I said you I didn't mean you I ment every 1 who uses the grip angle as an excuse for there poor shooting with the gun the angle has nothing 2 do with your accuracy it's your trigger pull , your physical motion of pulling the trigger is y u can't shoot accurately ... I don't try 2 bash any gun because it's not the guns fault y it's not accurate it's mine or my ammo, 90% is the shooter ....

Old 08-31-2012, 03:29 AM   #22

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

As others have said, any handgun I've picked up I can adapt pretty quickly to the grip angle so I have no problems shooting my Glock accurately. I must say the 1911 feels the best in my hand than any other pistol I've ever held. For self defense, it's all about the front sight and that's all I do no matter what gun it is, front sight on center of mass and squeeze.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I can shoot the the same with the 1911 and G-17.
Wasn't that way at first. I think the stock plastic
sights suck. That sight picture isn't natural.
nothing to do with the angle of the handle.

Swapped them out for tigicon 3-dot.
Raised the price of the gun quite a bit.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 08-31-2012, 05:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves
I can shoot the the same with the 1911 and G-17.
Wasn't that way at first. I think the stock plastic
sights suck. That sight picture isn't natural.
nothing to do with the angle of the handle.

Swapped them out for tigicon 3-dot.
Raised the price of the gun quite a bit.
That's what I'm saying it's all trigger control but I put a $120 3dot tritium night sights on my glock same sights that are on all my pistols (except revolvers) but grip angle has nothing 2 do with accuracy , if your glock shoots high or left or right All the time, your sights r off bad or ur doing it by your trigger pull... that's like saying "I can't shoot glocks because the slide is a square shape and I don't like it" which is a BS reason I also hear...

Old 08-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2133 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Even though I like my Sigs and 1911s very much. I have to admit that the Glock 22 I have points as easy as pointing my index finger on my shooting hand at the target. Some problems could be in the grip they are using. The bore of the Glock with the proper grip is only about 1/2 higher than if you point your index finger straight at the target along side of the pistol. That is as close as any pistol to being on line with the bore. And we have been pointing at things even before we could talk as a baby. The trigger is 5 1/2 lbs. and it is the quickest pistol I have regarding target acquisition and engagement. I had difficulty with the Beretta's we carried for years with natural point of aim. I seemingly had to pull the muzzle down slightly when shooting. But no problem at all with the Glock.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 217 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I bought a G27 after having learned on various other platforms, just because I happened across a great deal. I don't love the trigger and find the grip angle (and resulting sight picture) extremely annoying. If you spend most of your time behind a non-Glock, be prepared to really have to push down on that front sight. And yes, it all boils down to the grip angle.

With that said, it's quite easy to be accurate with my Glock. It also finds it's target reliably through "point-shooting", if only you've got the discipline to run your index finger up the slide. Almost anyone who owns non-Glocks and has shot one will attest to this. And if Glock is all you know, then it probably feels plenty natural.

They're accurate. They're just a little off key from everyone else.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glock's and Sig's use a different sight picture. Glock is sighted with a Target Sight Picture and Sig uses a Combat Sight Picture. In my experience if using the wrong sight picture with the gun it will equal about 4" off target at 25 yards. If using a glock-target sight picture with a sig you will shoot about 4" low at 25 yards. And if using a Sig-Combat sight picture with a glock, you will shot about 4" high at 25 yards.

The Combat Sight picture places the front sight directly on top and covering the target. The Target sight picture place the front sight directly below the center mark of the bullseye. The picture will explain better.

I have a hard time going back and worth between different sight pictures, so I have started to have all my guns set up with combat sights. You can change the front sight to change your sight picture.

sightimages.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

The Glock grip angle is very different than most other semi-auto pistols. A wrist trained to Colt, Sig, S&W, Beretta, etc will not have the muscle memory to shoot the Glock. Target shooting is one thing. You take the time to attain sight picture, sight alignment and squeeze the trigger and the Glock is quite accurate. The difference becomes apparent in "combat" or "snap" shooting. You do not have time to acquire a target sight picture, you are mostly point shooting. The Glock WILL shoot high in these circumstances until you re-train the wrist. Anyone who says they can pick up ANY gun and shoot it well (in a snap shooting situation) is either a liar or an idiot. I have always recommended that if you go Glock, go ALL Glock. For gunfighting you must be able to hit what you are shooting at, at gunfighting ranges, without relying on a target sight picture.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #29

Ur argument is flaud, glocks are built for combat therefore there combat accurate, combat accuracy isn't nail driving so yea I can pick up just about any pistol and b combat accurate Idc what the grip angle is or the darn sights u can hand me a Walter p22 with no sights I'll hit center mass at 7yards , so as some 1 shooting for protection or in combat ull never pick witch eye 2 shoot, point click , boom, half the time u don't get 2 aim or focus on both sights so I say who cares about the fine details about the gun angles and such, it shoots, if u don't like the gun then don't buy it, that's that ... I'll b the first 2 say if u want a nail driver don't buy a glock , but if u want a gun that's easy 2 shoot combat accurate and will allways work and on a budget the glocks r the way 2 go...

Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #30

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I don't buy the 'handle isn't at the right angle' so i grabbed few images and
calculated the angles the best I could. Let me know if i'm not doing it right.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101