Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock aiming impressions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Safety check it, make sure its unloaded, point it at the store you brought it from walk into the store and tell them " I purchased this by mistake" "where are the 1911's please?"......

Just kidding, I promised to stop bashing HiPoints so GLOCK it is.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #12

Going from a Glock to 1911 in the same range trip gives me trouble. If I shoot the Glock first, then go to 1911, I wind up shooting very low. If I go back to the Glock it's back to normal.

If I only shoot a 1911 during the range trip, I'm fine.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #13

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

No big difference to me really. Ill shoot my buddies 1911 then right back a Glock. The 1911 is a tad more accurate, but grip angles were un noticeable for me

Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

I shot my g17 better then my p89. At first I was shooting to the left at the right height but it was because I wasnt using my left thumb to push it back to the right if this make any sense.

( im right handed so both thumb are on the left side of the slide) so I use one of my thumb to straighten up the shot

Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

The angle that you break your wrist (I'm not sure if that the right phrase) is vastly different between the Glock and the Sig or pretty much any other firearm at least to me. Once you acclimate to it it's quite accurate. I've had one and preferred my sig over it.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 08-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #16

Liked 1761 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 903

Thanks for all replies. It's been about 9 months since I've been able to shoot due to heart surgery, but it's about time to get back to it.
I'm moving to a town with a few ranges, so I'll be able to rent one now.
I don't think I'll ever give up a Sig for edc, but I'm interested in the Glock, if for no other reason than it's a whole 'nother way to spend money that I don't have.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #17

Point of aim is never a problem for me unless it's a revolver. They have a strange angle that feels unusual for me. The glock feels natural. The only thing I hate about the glock, XD, M&P, and all other striker pistols is the squish in the trigger before the trigger bar lets go of the striker. I absolutely loathe it. I prefer the crisp clean break of a sear in a hammer fired pistol. A medium or heavy striker trigger is absolute hell trying to keep the muzzle steady (for me at least). I switched from a Glock 17 to Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm HC and I haven't looked back. The trigger is so much crisper and easier to pull, less influence on the muzzle, easier to aim.

I think that might've played a role in the NY shooting recently where the police accidentally shot bystanders. They have 12 pound striker triggers. I couldn't imagine trying to shoot that, especially in a crowd. They should let police carry what they want.

Last edited by meal4zombies; 08-30-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
I know I have a 2.5lb trigger in my glock with full mods but, if u just pick 1 up and shoot it / and u h8 glocks, then the glock hates you 2. there is nothing wrong with gun or grip angle that's a lame a** excuse u just can't shoot it , if ur a marksman / some 1 who thinks that can shoot , don't blame the gun it's your fault I can shoot my glock as good as my new sig 226 enhanced elite or my 1911 or my 357mag revolver , it's not the gun that shoots high , it's your trigger pull... Learn 2 shoot the gun how ever u want 2 but if the gun just won't work for u don't bash it with lame excuses 2 h8 it just accept that ur ability 2 shoot isn't good enough 4 that gun... 3in group at 40ft shooting pretty quick not rapid fire and all center ... I never blame the gun it's allways the shooter who can't adapt 2 the gun... If a rifle scope is off or cheap then sure but fixed sights lol no excuse but your self as a human you can mess up so many ways your self it can't b the gun... FACT!
I never bashed glocks at all. I said *I* (meaning me, not you) don't like striker triggers. I never said I was an expert marksman, either. I simply pointed out that there's a big difference between striker and sear triggers, and for someone that's been shooting with a hammer for their whole life, the striker feels like crap. When did I bash anyone or say that glocks sucked? I actually think they're great guns. I think you might've drank too much coffee.

And these police officers in NY *CANT* use a 2.5lb trigger. They're forced to use the 12lb trigger only. I would assume that these police have plenty of range time, and they could be considered above average marksman, but they hit what? 9 bystanders? The trigger dynamics do play a big part in your aim. Todd Jarrett agrees and talks about it a lot during his instructional courses. He IS an expert marksman (probably the best I've seen or ever will see in my life) with pistols.

Last edited by meal4zombies; 08-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #19

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I grew up shooting revolvers, had a 1911 but its just anothe handgun. I just find enought difference in trigger designs to matter much or grip angles after finally shooting our first glock. It takes a few rounds to get back in tune with ever I am spending time with and then it feels noraml again. Allways finish a range secion with my cc pistol. Even a well tuned 2lb 1911 feels no better well tuned 2lb revolver SA trigger or a 2lb glock race trigger to me. GLOCKS, are just a head game for some. Not for others.

Cops, They should be able touse a standard issue trigger as these ultra heavy triggers just destroy any ablility to hit a target under stress for a leo that is limited to training and practice. Just bad all around. Does not matter if a glock or a s&w revolver or a m&p with departments like NYPD

Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #20

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Uhhhh New York trigger anyone?