Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Glock aiming impressions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/glock-aiming-impressions-70776/)

boatme98 08-21-2012 12:41 AM

Glock aiming impressions?

First, ths is not a bash thread. Please don't make it one.
I was talking to leo at the car wash today. They have to carry Glock 21's. He's been on the force awhile, starting with S & W revolvers. When they first went semi auto, they offered a choice: 1911, Sig, or Glock. He carried a Sig. After awhile they realized they had to stick with one, they chose the Glock.

Now this officer told me he originally hated it, but has learned to tolerate it.
His reason is that it's not a natural aim. He says that , for him at least, it shoots high. Just from the grip angle.

I have never fired a Glock, 'though I have held them, and just from that I feel the same. They don't feel like a comforatable, natural shooter. My Sig is pretty much point and shoot, as are all of my other handguns. Even the CZ 52.

So for the Glock shooters, what do you think? Did you have to adjust radically to become proficient?

USMC-03 08-21-2012 02:06 AM

I haven't noticed a problem when switching from my other guns to my Glocks. To me my body naturally adjusts and I don't even notice the angle. I carry a G22 on duty now since it has become standard department issue, but I have also carried my full size M&P .45 on duty in the past. To me the adjustment just comes natural when I pick up a different gun...Everyone is different though.

trip286 08-21-2012 02:10 AM

Doesn't point naturally for me at all. I shoot really good with them though.

Fathead00 08-21-2012 02:22 AM

Yea I don't have any problems between my Rugers and my GLOCK. I pick them up, aim, and shoot with no problems!

Wiseman3 08-21-2012 02:50 AM

see I had problems going between my Browning and my 17 had the 17 for three years and never matched the accuracy I had with the Browning that's why I got rid of it. I regret it but I understand the officers point

Fathead00 08-21-2012 04:08 AM

The thing I don't understand is don't you need to get comfortable with the weapon not the opposite. Another thing isn't all guns different?

Wiseman3 08-21-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00
The thing I don't understand is don't you need to get comfortable with the weapon not the opposite. Another thing isn't all guns different?

I think my thing is the safety in the middle of the trigger my finger was always hunting so I'd be left with too little trigger finger right with too much I figured this out after I or rid of it maybe one day I'll pick me up another so I can master it I hate having not won that one

sputnik1988 08-21-2012 07:33 AM

If I shoot my Glock like a 1911 then it would shoot high, but they feel so radically different that I shoot both well.

There's a reason the Glock is my favorite carry gun and the 1911 is my favorite range gun.

khegglie 08-22-2012 04:21 PM

The Glock points high for me vs others, I think it is the palm swell.

70cuda383 08-23-2012 11:01 PM

same here. the grip angle makes it FEEL like I'm pointing it into the dirt in front of me. but, one of the prinicpals of shooting being "find your front sight and acquire a sight picture before squeezing" prevents me from ACTUALLY shooting it high.

never had an accuracy issue with one, just notice that it feels different than others.

but, I'm also not a fan of the trigger safety. after a full day at the range, my index finger was starting to feel numb from the trigger.