Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 39 vs. Springfield XD/XDm .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I carry a Para LTC. It's a Commander length 1911. THe Para will come in higher than the Springer or RIA but is a very well mad weapon. Not to say the RIA or Springer are not. The RIAis more an entry level weapon. Not a lot of frills but a solid shooter. Springers also can get expensive nit again a very well made weapon. I'm a Springfield fan toth bone but I can not deny My Para LTC's ramped barrel makes me feel better about any ammo I choose to use. Is it more reliable? I don't know I can say that but it makes me feel it is. I have a Springer I carry some and have no doubts about it. I can say I shoot the Para a little better.

Any of the three (RIA,Para,Springfield) can be excellent weapons. The couple Rock Islands I've had seemed to need a break in period of about 100 rounds before they where 110%. But a little range time can fix that pretty quick. The RIA comes in a little cheaper. But I will not say the cost make it a sub standard weapon. But it's me picking I'll go to the Springer first. I've had and shot too many that where great weapons.
If the Para is a GI Expert. I've not had any real trigger time with any to show me they deserve the accolades the higher end Para's have earned.
The RIA is a good pistol but it will needa little time most often to get it lined out. But it can be a reliable weapon that will not break the bank.
How are the 5-inchers for concealed carry?