Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 39 vs. Springfield XD/XDm .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

And for that price he can get the para GI expert. Better trigger than an eaa could ever dream of.

I just got my para SSP from Budsgunshop for $632 which is a great deal. They're being sold as used, since they were dealer display guns. Mine looks brand new. And para has a lifetime transferable warranty.

There are lots of cheaper 1911's out there, but you'll easily invest the difference in cost plus some to make it an equal gun.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #42

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
And for that price he can get the para GI expert. Better trigger than an eaa could ever dream of.

I just got my para SSP from Budsgunshop for $632 which is a great deal. They're being sold as used, since they were dealer display guns. Mine looks brand new. And para has a lifetime transferable warranty.

There are lots of cheaper 1911's out there, but you'll easily invest the difference in cost plus some to make it an equal gun.
Thanks for knocking my gun.

What you said is not true I own both a Para & a EAA - do you?

Their triggers are the same

Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #43

I sold my witness 10mm long ago. And I never once "knocked" your gun.

Furthermore, the triggers are entirely different.

!

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #44

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What do you call this

"Better trigger than an eaa could ever dream of."

And since I own both and shoot both regularly - I can tell you that their triggers are very similar.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #45

If you're all butthurt about a simple truthful comment, our conversation is done.

Anyone who knows much about 1911's will affirm that they have the best trigger on the pistol world. You will never make a pivot trigger as nice as the 1911 trigger. That's all the further I will indulge you.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Guys, lets not get into a pissing contest about the triggers..mechanically they are differnt, but they can both be nice in their own respects.
The EAA uses a pivot style trigger while the 1911 uses a straight pull trigger.
Pivot triggers are expectionally good for double action but can do considerably well if stoned and tuned right. 1911 straight pulls are usually only found on single action guns that are made for short trigger pulls when surgical down-range accuracy is a need.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #47

:::::::::::::::::::thinking maybe a Springfield 1911 .45 Commander is the way to go...or maybe Rock Island 1911 .45 Commander:::::::::::::

Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #48

Default Am I looking for the impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl1024 View Post
:::::::::::::::::::thinking maybe a Springfield 1911 .45 Commander is the way to go...or maybe Rock Island 1911 .45 Commander:::::::::::::
My current pistol, a S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm, is described as 'large frame'. As mentioned earlier, it feels bulky as all hell to me when I carry it. Therefore, I'm looking for a less-bulky, perhaps slimmer(?), pistol (for CCW) in either .45 GAP or .45 ACP. Magazine capacity is a non-issue for me. Suggestions?

Thank you.

Last edited by Owl1024; 01-16-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: change wording

Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #49

Para vs. Rock Island vs. Springfield 1911? The prices are all pretty much in the same ballpark, so which would you pick, and why?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #50

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I carry a Para LTC. It's a Commander length 1911. THe Para will come in higher than the Springer or RIA but is a very well mad weapon. Not to say the RIA or Springer are not. The RIAis more an entry level weapon. Not a lot of frills but a solid shooter. Springers also can get expensive nit again a very well made weapon. I'm a Springfield fan toth bone but I can not deny My Para LTC's ramped barrel makes me feel better about any ammo I choose to use. Is it more reliable? I don't know I can say that but it makes me feel it is. I have a Springer I carry some and have no doubts about it. I can say I shoot the Para a little better.

Any of the three (RIA,Para,Springfield) can be excellent weapons. The couple Rock Islands I've had seemed to need a break in period of about 100 rounds before they where 110%. But a little range time can fix that pretty quick. The RIA comes in a little cheaper. But I will not say the cost make it a sub standard weapon. But it's me picking I'll go to the Springer first. I've had and shot too many that where great weapons.
If the Para is a GI Expert. I've not had any real trigger time with any to show me they deserve the accolades the higher end Para's have earned.
The RIA is a good pistol but it will needa little time most often to get it lined out. But it can be a reliable weapon that will not break the bank.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson