Glock 39 vs. Springfield XD/XDm .45 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 39 vs. Springfield XD/XDm .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I am not a Glock fan as the grip angle & finger grooves do not work for me at all. I'd vote for the XD as I think the XD .45 Compact is about the perfect plastic gun. The Compact has the shorter grip which makes it much easier to carry but it comes with an extended mag so you can still have full capacity...

Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I am not a Glock fan as the grip angle & finger grooves do not work for me at all. I'd vote for the XD as I think the XD .45 Compact is about the perfect plastic gun. The Compact has the shorter grip which makes it much easier to carry but it comes with an extended mag so you can still have full capacity...
Interesting...thank you.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Owl1024

XD .45

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Davis View Post
I personally think that the recoil on the .40 is harsher than the recoil of the .45.

Just IMHO

You are correct. Being the .40 is a higher pressure round it will be more snappy than the lower pressure 45ACP. 9mm is also a high pressure round and this is what give it the snap it has. Though it is not as hard as the .40.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

To the OP..The only way you are going to find the pistol that you should get is by getting your hands on them. Both Glock and the XD are quality weapons and can serve you well. Glock professes the lower bore axis that is supposed to decrease felt recoil. Owning both pistols in more than one caliber I can say truthfully that there is nothing in Glocks bore axis that allows for less felt recoil to me. Glock also has the milti safety safe action system. All of this I find puzzling being the reality that the only true safety in this system is keeping ones finger outside the trigger guard. The Springfield has the passive grip safety that also really doesn't mean much once the weapon is in your hand. What both these weapons do have is a record of reliability. TRue theGlock has been around a little longer but I can't honestly use that as a point of reference with the never ending battle with Glock fans and 1911 fans being the 100 years of reliability the 1911 has is a moot point with Glocks supporters. Bottom line is the weapons you are looking at both have a good record of reliability. It has to come down to how it feels to you. Both Glock and the XD system have a very different feel. Either can protect you and do well at the range. But only in the hands of a shooter that feels comfortable with the pistol.

AS to caliber..My 19 year old daughter shoots all my 45's. She's about 100 lbs wet. While It's not the best for everyone it's not a whole lot to get used to. The lower pressure 45ACP's felt recoil will be more in a lighter frame weapon like a Glock or XD. But, it's not so much morethan it makes the weapon hard to manage.

I hope yo find your new friend soon and the choice you make leaves you happy with that decision.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #26

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl1024 View Post
So, here are the .45's I'm considering:

Glock 30

Glock 36

Springfield XD .45

Comments? Opinions?
WHy arent you considering a 1911? Para GI expert is in your price range,.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Probably because its a full-size gun. Now the Warthawg on the other hand, though more expensive might be a good choice from Para.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Are they available in barrel lengths shorter than 5 inches? That's a lot of gun for CCW.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #29

Quote:
OK, willfully armed, how about this?:

Springfield Armory

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #30

Default something else for me to consider

Kimber > 1911 Pistols > Pro Carry II

opinions? comments?