Glock 34 vs XDm competition 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 34 vs XDm competition 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 34 vs XDm competition 9mm

So I've been drooling over the new XDm competition series pistol. But I've always been torn about wanting a G34 also. Which would you guys recommend? Anyone got experience with the new XDm yet?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

im a hardcore 1911 guy and the wife and i went to rent a few guns last week i tried the xdm 9mm and its a pretty damn good gun. it ended up being the wife's pick for ccw/oc. im making the xdm in 45acp my next handgun buy. ive been shooting 1911s since 1988. i was that impressed. she liked the shorter barreled xdm than the longer 5.25 xdm it was a very nice shooter.

springfield is doing a xdm 5.25 testdrive atm at various gunranges around the country we took advantage of it.

i didnt see much difference in accuracy for me in the shorter xdm vs the longer 5.25. i didnt like the fiber optic sights tho.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-31-2011 at 02:50 AM.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #3

I traded my 1911 for an xdm 9mm lol. Only because I can't really afford multiple guns at the time an wanted something cheaper to shoot. So yeah I love my XDm 9mm but I was wondering about the new competition model

Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #4

Just saw where you added that last bit lol

Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson87 View Post
I traded my 1911 for an xdm 9mm lol. Only because I can't really afford multiple guns at the time an wanted something cheaper to shoot. So yeah I love my XDm 9mm but I was wondering about the new competition model
i re-edited forgot to add that we did shoot the 5.25 too

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson87 View Post
Just saw where you added that last bit lol
im not the smoothest typer i hit enter too frequently too fast. often before i put all my thoughts in the post. lol

Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #7

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
im not the smoothest typer i hit enter too frequently too fast. often before i put all my thoughts in the post. lol
You're not the only one, Jon. Seems as soon as I submit a post my brain finally kicks in and I'm back in edit mode!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.