Glock 30 v FNX 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 30 v FNX 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock 30 v FNX 45

I know this is a really odd comparison but I was looking to start carrying and I was originally going to try and get a glock 30 but with glock being back ordered for 90 days or more I may not be able to get my hands on it I however have wanted to get a FNX 45 but I'm not sure how that would work out as a carry piece so I'm just looking for thoughts.... Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 669

Glock 36. smaller, lighter, rounded.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #3

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by augimatic
I know this is a really odd comparison but I was looking to start carrying and I was originally going to try and get a glock 30 but with glock being back ordered for 90 days or more I may not be able to get my hands on it I however have wanted to get a FNX 45 but I'm not sure how that would work out as a carry piece so I'm just looking for thoughts.... Thoughts?
If the fnx45 is anywhere near the size of the fnp45 I once had I would say glock, I would have needed to have a rolling Duffel Bag to CC that FNP.

The glock 30 to me seems like a great Do-all gun,small enough for comfortable CC,yet big enough that it is plenty for a nightstand or truck gun.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I just picked up a glock 36 and i love it for a carry gun, it seems like the perfect choice.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
At the expense of 4 rounds,and normally I'm a disciple of if you need more than 3 or 4,than your in over your head anyways seeing as my carry guns are a 5-shot ruger sp101 and a 1911 commander that I don't even carry +1.

But if I was gonna limit myself to 6 rounds in a semi I would go for a officer sized 1911 and pick up an extra round. Just seems like a big sacrifice cutting your firepower by 40% for a little extra comfort in concealment. But I guess everybody's ideal ratio of firepower/concealment is different .

Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 AM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
At the expense of 4 rounds,and normally I'm a disciple of if you need more than 3 or 4,than your in over your head anyways seeing as my carry guns are a 5-shot ruger sp101 and a 1911 commander that I don't even carry +1.

But if I was gonna limit myself to 6 rounds in a semi I would go for a officer sized 1911 and pick up an extra round. Just seems like a big sacrifice cutting your firepower by 40% for a little extra comfort in concealment. But I guess everybody's ideal ratio of firepower/concealment is different .
A G36 weighs in at 28 oz loaded with 7 230's on board. The lightest 1911 is 25 oz empty. Personally I am restricted to 30 oz max due to an injury so my only other choice is go down in caliber to keep the weight down while raising the round count. The G36 also has a longer barrel than the Officers Model. The rest of the Glocks are too fat for my hand. My G36 has been touched up a bit and has night sights. I also have an SR9c Ruger which is the same weight loaded with 11 124's. The SP101 loaded is in the same weight range.

Patron Member NRA

Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ

A G36 weighs in at 28 oz loaded with 7 230's on board. The lightest 1911 is 25 oz empty. Personally I am restricted to 30 oz max due to an injury so my only other choice is go down in caliber to keep the weight down while raising the round count. The G36 also has a longer barrel than the Officers Model. The rest of the Glocks are too fat for my hand. My G36 has been touched up a bit and has night sights. I also have an SR9c Ruger which is the same weight loaded with 11 124's. The SP101 loaded is in the same weight range.
Sounds like a g30 is a great option for you,glad you found what works for you. I usually wear a tool belt that weighs much more than any gun most of the day so weight isn't that big of a factor for me provided I have a appropriate holster.

I didnt even consider weight when I responded,I reckon that is a very big factor to slot of folks

Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I used to wear a heavy tool belt too until a hit and run driver nailed me in a crosswalk. Get yourself a set of heavy duty suspender type straps. Really takes a load off your lower back. You will be glad you did when you get older. I can go with a heavier pistol if I wear suspenders but dont like to.

Patron Member NRA

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3065 Times on 1761 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Might I suggest that the OP read this: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f45/please-read-before-posting-11120/

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Let me ask this any of you guys trying to carry a full size gun? Say like even a smaller caliber glock 17? Thanks for the input