Glock 26 vs walther pps
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 26 vs walther pps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 26 vs walther pps

I'm looking for a CCW. Glock is a bit fat but legendary for its reliability. Walther looks really nice and thin. Other than that, I haven't heard much about it. I would really appreciate feedbacks from owners of both.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All I can tell you is that walther is a great firearm but a bit picky on ammo they don't like cheap rounds! But I have never owned a glock so I can't compare them personally this post might give me a good reason to go buy one to try

Old 09-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I carry a 26 everyday. I love it. It lives on my 4:00 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. That being said, I am thick, or even dare I say, a little beefy.

A close friend, on the other hand, carries a PPS in .40 S&W. I think he carries IWB also. Walther makes great pistols; reliable, accurate, and classy.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Regarding weight the Glock 26 and Walther PPS or almost identical. The walther is going to be much thinner than the Glock and as a result of that it has a lower magazine capacity of 6,7, or 8. The Walther has the "European" style magazine release that is located on the trigger guard whereas the Glock's magazine release is just a standard button. I find that on the Glocks that unless it's a generation 4 or has an extended magazine release button I have to change my grip dramatically to use it, but that's just my experience with Glocks.

Regarding what you choose that's all up to you. You need to go to some local gunshops and take a look at them and compare the two, and see which one feels the best to you.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #5

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

My summer EDC is a PPS in .40, have thousands of rounds through it, ZERO malfunctions of any type, accurate, powerful, and thin...Don't own a G26 but a G30 instead is my winter EDC, it is a bit fatter and since I prefer to carry IWB, it tends to print a bit more than the Walther. It's all a matter of where you plan to carry it and comfort since both of therse guns are top notch...imho...Only drawback to the PPS is it's a bit more expensive off the shelf, only comes with one mag, spares are around $60 a piece, and a smaller capacity than the Glocks. I trust both with my life so that may tell you something as well. Either way, it's like 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, you can't go wrong with either weapon...imho...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #6

Besides the PPS
Walther also makes the P99c. Same size as the Glock 26 and costs less than the PPS or Glock. CDNN has them on sale for $439. Save some money and get a built in rail. If money is no object get the PPS. Walther makes great pistols in 9 or 40.

You can't go wrong with either brand

Last edited by group17; 09-01-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I just got a glock 36. It's their slim grip compact for a 45cal. It is great for concealed carry and packs a punch. The recoil is low and carries great. Just another idea to throw out there.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard View Post
I carry a 26 everyday. I love it. It lives on my 4:00 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
Same here, minus the beefy part. I'm 6'4", about 200 and it still disappears under a normal sized t-shirt in my Crossbreed Supertuck. I'm wanting to get something like a Galco Stow-n-Go to try appendix carry, but haven't done it as of yet. While I have no experience with the Walther so I can't tell you anything one way or the other on it, although I'm sure it's a great firearm, I can wholeheartedly recommend the 26.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #9

Thanks for all the great advices. I guess I'm down to capacity. Does anyone have any experience using your EDC? Any comment on 7 vs 10+ in the mag?

It seems to me that on the day you need your EDC, conditions may not be ideal, i.e., a chance to change mags. But again, it's probably as unlikely to have a shoot-out that lasts over 7 rounds.

All comments are welcome.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #10

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher79 View Post
All I can tell you is that walther is a great firearm but a bit picky on ammo they don't like cheap rounds! But I have never owned a glock so I can't compare them personally this post might give me a good reason to go buy one to try
That has not been my experirnce with my PPS. It runs at 100% with anything I feed through it from cheap Remington UMC FMJs to Hornady TAP ammo and +Ps. I Love my PPS and as far as I'm concerned it's just about the perfect CC gun. Light, easy to hide and exceedingly accurate and reliable. I carry a spare mag in my off pocket or the back pocket of my jeans.