Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 26 VS Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Glock 26 VS Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

I'm trying to decide on my next handgun purchase, and I'm stuck between the Glock 26 and the Springfield XDm 3.8 compact 9mm. Both of them fit what I want to use them for, which is mainly a range gun, but also a home defense firearm. What I like about the Springfield XDm is the grip saftey, multiple back strap system, it feels good in the hand, and it seems easier to find them with 3 dot sight systems than the Glock. What I like about the Glock is it's very light weight, it feels good in the hand too, it's more compact than the Springfield, and you can get Talon gun grips for them. I know I'm going to probably get both of them eventually, but as of right now I'm at a stalemate between the two. Any opinions and suggestions would be very appreciated.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2272 Times on 1358 Posts
Likes Given: 1059

When I purchase a firearm, I always think of what I would like on my next firearm purchase.
You make a few good points on the XDm. I would say "Get it!". You can get the Glock later with additional changes planned later.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #3

I personally would go for the XDm. That will be my next purchase. I have a Glock 17 that I shoot well with and I can't wait to make it my "secondary" behind the XDm. The trigger on the XDm just seems so much smoother. I'm not bashing my G17 by any means but if I could do it all over, I would probably get the XDm first...naw. Cause if I did that, I probably wouldn't own a Glock.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

I would go with the XD-M. I like the grip and especially the grip ANGLE better. I tell people "If you go Glock, go all Glock". Get used to the grip angle inherent to the Glock and stick with it. Training your hand/wrist to assume the correct angle when pointing is important. If yor wrist is trained for the Beretta/Colt/Sig/S&W/XD grip, it will point a Glock very high in a snap type shooting scenario.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the Beretta Cougar. It is nearly vertical and just points wrong to me.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1446 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

That was GREAT!

Now, tell me which one of these is better; the AK 47 or the AR 16?

(Also, Italian or French food?)

Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'd get the XDm as well.

I think they look really sweet with the stainless slide.

I personally am into DA/SA, but I will say that the XDm is really sweet looking

Old 06-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to go to a local gunshop and compare the two, and I believe one of my local ranges has both for their rental program so I'll try 'em out.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp