Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Glock 26 VS Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/glock-26-vs-springfield-xdm-3-8-compact-9mm-44410/)

Firearms4ever 06-27-2011 05:36 PM

Glock 26 VS Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

I'm trying to decide on my next handgun purchase, and I'm stuck between the Glock 26 and the Springfield XDm 3.8 compact 9mm. Both of them fit what I want to use them for, which is mainly a range gun, but also a home defense firearm. What I like about the Springfield XDm is the grip saftey, multiple back strap system, it feels good in the hand, and it seems easier to find them with 3 dot sight systems than the Glock. What I like about the Glock is it's very light weight, it feels good in the hand too, it's more compact than the Springfield, and you can get Talon gun grips for them. I know I'm going to probably get both of them eventually, but as of right now I'm at a stalemate between the two. Any opinions and suggestions would be very appreciated.:)

danf_fl 06-27-2011 08:40 PM

When I purchase a firearm, I always think of what I would like on my next firearm purchase.
You make a few good points on the XDm. I would say "Get it!". You can get the Glock later with additional changes planned later.

Thadeuce 06-27-2011 08:40 PM

I personally would go for the XDm. That will be my next purchase. I have a Glock 17 that I shoot well with and I can't wait to make it my "secondary" behind the XDm. The trigger on the XDm just seems so much smoother. I'm not bashing my G17 by any means but if I could do it all over, I would probably get the XDm first...naw. Cause if I did that, I probably wouldn't own a Glock.

robocop10mm 06-27-2011 08:51 PM

I would go with the XD-M. I like the grip and especially the grip ANGLE better. I tell people "If you go Glock, go all Glock". Get used to the grip angle inherent to the Glock and stick with it. Training your hand/wrist to assume the correct angle when pointing is important. If yor wrist is trained for the Beretta/Colt/Sig/S&W/XD grip, it will point a Glock very high in a snap type shooting scenario.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the Beretta Cougar. It is nearly vertical and just points wrong to me.

mesinge2 06-28-2011 12:27 AM

Vincine 06-28-2011 12:38 AM

That was GREAT!

Now, tell me which one of these is better; the AK 47 or the AR 16? ;)

(Also, Italian or French food?)

shipwreck 06-28-2011 12:59 AM

I'd get the XDm as well.

I think they look really sweet with the stainless slide.

I personally am into DA/SA, but I will say that the XDm is really sweet looking

Firearms4ever 06-30-2011 02:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to go to a local gunshop and compare the two, and I believe one of my local ranges has both for their rental program so I'll try 'em out. :D