Glock 22 vs m&p 40 vs springfield xd40

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 22 vs m&p 40 vs springfield xd40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Glock 22 vs m&p 40 vs springfield xd40

Just wanna kno which has the best accuracy and reliability. Pros and cons

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does. XD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 04:00 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem870forever
Just wanna kno which has the best accuracy and reliability. Pros and cons
Glock 22 is one of the most popular and widely used pistols by all types of law enforcement.

Not sure about the XD. The fact that the G22 is used more than any others stands for quite a bit though!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

IMHO Glocks popularity with LE agencies is a result of aggressive pricing structures and excellent marketing.

There are lots of manufacturers guns that are just as reliable, and Glocks are not immune from problems.

I think the Glock design is and very good one and Smith & Wesson has taken all the best from it and made a superior pistol, through better ergonomics and a smoother trigger.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Alright thanx

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does. XD

Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #5

The S&W M&P .40 is the best of the three IMO. I've used all three as duty sidearms and the Smith feels the best and feeds absolutely anything you put in it. All three are in the same market for accuracy. With the interchangeable grips on the Smith, it will fit any hand size.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Glock may have been the leading choice in the past for Law Enforcement however, most agencies are changing away from the Glocks and going to the S&W M&P lines of Pistols, Some are even going back to a 9mm from the .40 models due to long term issues from the round and it's forces on the gun during firing.

As far as the guns themselves go, I carry an M&P45 daily and have no issues with it and never have. I think ergonomics are better on the M&Ps aswell, I'd say you couldn't go wrong with any of them, it's going to be a gun preference which one feels right for you.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #7

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 983

Any of the three you listed can work out well. Handle them in the gun shop and try to rent some to shoot so you'll know which is right for you. I did exactly that and went with the Glock 22 and 23. They were the right decision for me but maybe not for you, so try out as many guns as you can and you're less likely to make a mistake. Accuracy and reliability are good with all three or you'd hear about it. As far as 9mm vs. 40S&W vs. 45ACP, again try them all out, there are excellent SD loads in each caliber.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.