Glock 19 Jam and Failure To Feed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock 19 Jam and Failure To Feed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I wish I had a happy story with Glock but I don not like 'em. I dropped 500 bucks about 8 years ago on a Glock 19 and had nothin' but misfires. I brought it to a gun smith who "fixed" it and nothing but the samo old crap. I was so fed up with it I sold it to a buddy who said he would fix it. He used it for awhile, now he justs keeps it in his safe. He shoots an XD, I on the other hand have nothing but good things to say about my Smith and Wesson Sigma sw9ve.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

make sure its lubed up nicely, i took out my M92fs out the other day and it jammed nonstop with fail to feeds. after i cleaned it and lubed it up right there on the range it shot over 150 rounds flawlessy.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauser_man View Post
I wish I had a happy story with Glock but I don not like 'em. I dropped 500 bucks about 8 years ago on a Glock 19 and had nothin' but misfires. I brought it to a gun smith who "fixed" it and nothing but the samo old crap. I was so fed up with it I sold it to a buddy who said he would fix it. He used it for awhile, now he justs keeps it in his safe. He shoots an XD, I on the other hand have nothing but good things to say about my Smith and Wesson Sigma sw9ve.
Hey mauser if your buddy wants to get rid of that safe queen I'll take it off his hands. I'm always in the market to buy a back up gun for my wife. Besides she is a Glock armorer and would love to tinker with it.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

YES SIR! Now if only they would make an XDm45, that would be one awsome pistol.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #15

Springfield should release the XDM45 shortly as I recently purchased the XDM40 and that would be my luck!

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Limp wristing is VERY common. Grasping the shooting wrist with the supporting hand is NOT the answer. Attaining and maintaining a proper grip is the answer. You should only experience a slight muzzle rise when firing a 9mm. If it is jumping up more than 3" or so, you are limp wristing.

Grasp the grip firmly with the shooting hand. Do not try to squeeze the life out of it, this will adversely affect the trigger control. Wrap the support hand around the FRONT of the grip frame under the trigger guard. Lay the support hand thumb along the frame forward of the shooting hand thumb. Squeeze with the support hand firmly.

I have seen such malfuntions in MANY light framed pistols. Alloy or polymer frames do not have enough inertia to resist rearward motion. A steel frame tends to take care of it's self. You may think you are gripping firmly enough, but if you are getting FTF's in a Glock you ARE limp wristing.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPD13 View Post
Springfield should release the XDM45 shortly as I recently purchased the XDM40 and that would be my luck!
You know that is what is going to happen. It always does. That is why I have been saving a little money every payday for my XDm45. Unless my wife finds out and makes me pay some kind of bill but that is how that works also.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #18

Mine has has never given me a problem. If your not happy I'll give you 200 for it..

Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I have owned many semi-autos and anytime I get too relaxed, I have feed or ejection problems. Most centerfire semi-automatic pistols perform poorly when held too loosely. Gripping the wrist of the hand holding the weapon with the off hand is also not highly recommended. Grip the weapon with both hands and conttrol its recoil.

Tags
failure to feed, glock 19, jam