full or compact?????

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > full or compact?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default full or compact?????

I'm set on finally getting an HK USP 45. Now I just don't know if I want the full size or compact. I've shot the full and grip isn't that big of an issue here. I just can't find anywhere to shoot the compact and was wondering if anyone has shot both and what they thought of them compared to one another? Another thing would be that I would have to spend more money to get a spurred hammer for the compact and that sucks.

spit hell fire

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
I'm set on finally getting an HK USP 45. Now I just don't know if I want the full size or compact. I've shot the full and grip isn't that big of an issue here. I just can't find anywhere to shoot the compact and was wondering if anyone has shot both and what they thought of them compared to one another? Another thing would be that I would have to spend more money to get a spurred hammer for the compact and that sucks.
In the end you have to answer this question for yourself.
What is your intended use?
A hammer is a small price considering you will likely pass this pistol on to one of your Grandchildren.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #3

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

I can't give you a response to this specific situation, as I've handled neither of the pieces in question, but as an in general rule I can tell you that I always go for compact over full size, because I'd like to have the option to have every handgun I own as a viable range gun, home defense and concealed carry.