FTF need help.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FTF need help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Default FTF need help.

Have a Bersa .380 that FTF on the 6th round like clock work. Also FTF and FTE whenever it feels like. Mostly FTF. I've tried many types of ammo. I fear it is the magazine. I only have the one. Thank you in advance for any and all opinions and knowledge given.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #2

Liked 1983 Times on 1259 Posts
Likes Given: 1080

It probably is the mag. I had the same problem with a Thunder .380 DLX a few years ago. Sent the mag back, recieved it about 1 week later and everything has been fine. Bersa has a great warranty center in Colorado. Unfortunatly, my old computer took a dive in the sixth round and I lost that info.
Hint-back stuff up!
Check out bersaforum.
I think Bersa's are very underated. I like them alot. I think I need to get another one....

Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #3

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Did you buy the pistol brand-new? It may be as simple as just leaving the mag full for a week or allowing the mag to cycle a few times. I'm sure it's nothing big. I like Bersas too. Don't own any right at the moment, but I will before too long

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #4

Liked 1983 Times on 1259 Posts
Likes Given: 1080

If you did get it new, it must be thoroughly cleaned. Bersas are packed in grease for shipping to the U.S.
But I think it's probably a mag problem.
BTW, I didn't have to send the gun in, just the mag.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #5

The gun is a few years old. I will take the mag apart on the morning and clean it. I did buy it new but I've had it awhile. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #6

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Has it been stored with the mag loaded? I've heard people say it matters and some say it doesn't...

Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #7

It sure has on and off for the 3 years I've had it. Mostly on. The weapon has about always given my FTF though.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Use a Qtip up inside the tube to be sure no rough spots, etc. have developed in it & check the follower real close for burrs/rough spots. Just for grins, make sure you didn't advertantly install the recoil spring wrong. Small end should go toward the chamber. Sometimes there's such a small difference, easy to get it on backwards. Build-up of crud under the extractor & behind the extractor hook can cause problems.

How many rounds through it? Maybe needs a new recoil and/or mag spring?

Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #9

About 300 rounds through it and then bang! FTF! I've cleaned the hell out of the mag now so we will see this weekend. I will post pics this time. Didn't have my cell last time.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #10

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

The wife carries a Bersa and has not had any problems since hitting the 500 round mark, our standard for break in. I did pick up extra mags for it so they may not see the cycle rate of just one mag, but they are all kept full.

Try tapping the back of the mag against the heel of your hand before loading the mag into the pistol to settle the rounds. A LEO friend swears by this to eliminate any feed problems.

Please post anything you find that fixes this issue so I can keep on top of the wife's carry gun. I kinda like both of them.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.