Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FRAME PINS "WALKING" in RUGER (LCP)...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default FRAME PINS "WALKING" in RUGER (LCP)...

The frame pins in my ruger (LCP) are starting to move from side to side...One is going one way and the other is going the other...A Time back I posted about the slop in the slide on the LCP...Now the frame pins are moving...I'm starting not to like this gun the longer I own it...Yes I know it's a cheap $300.00 dollar gun but DAMN...It's one thing after another and it's not all that to shoot...Small and snappy....Not that fun...with the trigger so long...Anyway was just saying CHECK-YOUR'S.....Frame-pins...They do move.....About 1,000 rounds along now...Guess I'll take a punch and drive them back-in place....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Put a drop of finger nail polish on before putting them back in.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #3

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

O K...I'll try that....

Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A quick web search seems to indicate it's a rather common problem with the LCP. If I had to guess I would say the little pistol is battering itself to death even in 380, something to be expected as handguns get smaller and lighter. If it were mine I would check the pins for wear and the frame insert for elongated holes before driving them back in. Actually I would give the whole weapon a thorough inspection before putting it back in service.