Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   FRAME PINS "WALKING" in RUGER (LCP)... (

LONGHAIR 04-28-2011 08:02 PM

The frame pins in my ruger (LCP) are starting to move from side to side...One is going one way and the other is going the other...A Time back I posted about the slop in the slide on the LCP...Now the frame pins are moving...I'm starting not to like this gun the longer I own it...Yes I know it's a cheap $300.00 dollar gun but DAMN...It's one thing after another and it's not all that to shoot...Small and snappy....Not that fun...with the trigger so long...Anyway was just saying CHECK-YOUR'S.....Frame-pins...They do move.....About 1,000 rounds along now...Guess I'll take a punch and drive them back-in place....:mad:

danf_fl 04-28-2011 11:06 PM

Put a drop of finger nail polish on before putting them back in.

LONGHAIR 04-28-2011 11:16 PM

O K...I'll try that....

Eric0424 04-28-2011 11:31 PM

A quick web search seems to indicate it's a rather common problem with the LCP. If I had to guess I would say the little pistol is battering itself to death even in 380, something to be expected as handguns get smaller and lighter. If it were mine I would check the pins for wear and the frame insert for elongated holes before driving them back in. Actually I would give the whole weapon a thorough inspection before putting it back in service.