the frame on my NEW Brietta Tomcat CRACKED! less than 50 rounds
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > the frame on my NEW Brietta Tomcat CRACKED! less than 50 rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default the frame on my NEW Brietta Tomcat CRACKED! less than 50 rounds

any suggestions how i should approach this with Beretta, i don't want another PoC,... this is an on going problem with this gun, and they continue to sell them..

if i get a replacement i want an Inox.. i got this gun because i lost my left hand and my hook cant pull some slides back. i have no problem with my Beretta 92 FS, it has dual safety levers on the slide. the Tomcat's pop-up barrel/bubble action solves the slide pulling problem.. except the gun is junk. if i could wrangle an Inox off them i might keep it.

i am concerned that i might injure my only hand, it seems all the problem does is prevent feeding another shell when it gets bad.. but i don't want to risk it.

i really didn't like the caliber on the Tomcat but figured it would be a suitable Conceal/Carry pistol.. I'm very thin and tall, a belt holster shows.

i just thought maybe someone did something like this before and could give me some pointers on how to get an upgrade to the Inox or mid size Beretta.
i am not really good at stuff like this.. and i am still REALLY PISS'd OFF.!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #2

I read Beretta will up grade your cracked tom cat to a new inox for a resonable fee.
Give Beretta a call and see what happens.
Replacement Inox Tomcat - Beretta Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

have you considered a 1911 pattern?? they come in many calibers and sizes. i knew a guy back in texas similar situation he couldnt use his left side but was an avid handgunner. he switched from shooting his barreta to a 1911 because he could charge the weapon by use the edge of a shooting bench to rack the slide.