Forms that shouldn't be - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Forms that shouldn't be

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like the way it is done with long guns. Each brand or model not having a sub forum.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #62
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1760 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 5329

Can't block it yet...... I haven't weighed in.

But it is time, or possibly past time.

BTB... If you were to read every post, this wouldn't be a problem.

I am near oblivious to sub-forum, sub-sub-forum and even the forms and froms.

I look at 1) My Replies to see activity on those messages with which I have participated. Then I look at 2) New Posts to review those that require my review and comment.

The only time I need to worry about any of the sub-sub-forums is when I start a new thread.

Alas, at this point, I wish there were only one forum.
I think it should be called "All things guns and other stuff"

Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #63

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72 View Post
I like the way it is done with long guns. Each brand or model not having a sub forum.
Very, very, very much agreed and my point

Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #64
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8275 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10702

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Again you make it something it something its not. What's your deal vkingpop? I think you're reading WAYYYY too far into things.
My deal? I don't see any problem whatsoever with the way the forums are. I like more choices rather than fewer. I like to think I have broader vision rather than myopic tunnel vision. I love trying out guns that I haven't tried before, and if I find a great deal on a gun, any gun, I will pick it up just to keep it in circulation. Heck, I have a Rohm revolver that would be a certifiable piece of crap if anybody cared enough to certify it. I like it for reasons that you probably couldn't fathom. I also have a couple of Glocks. Not because I like them, but because they are good guns and, well, I just want one. But I don't ask that they add a Rohm forum and I don't really visit the Glock forums.

That floats my boat, so that is where I navigate.

Now, can you tell me what your "deal" is StuckInsideABox?

Quote:
Or perhaps I'm not making my point clearly enough. Though I find that hard when the words are very clearly stated and layed out lacking not in punctuation...
No. I think you are making your point, and punctuation has nothing to do with it (nor does spelling). You stated your opinion, and it has not shown to be one that most of us agree with, in part or whole. You disagree with that. Tough.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #65

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
(nor does spelling)
Dam you!!!!!! Lol that was awesome by the way, obvious, sure; beat to death, yup, but still valid, hardly until you did this! Lol

Nice, that's all I got.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Dam you!!!!!! Lol that was awesome by the way, obvious, sure; beat to death, yup, but still valid, hardly until you did this! Lol

Nice, that's all I got.
Then my work is done here. Time for bed.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #67

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I tryed to care but failed---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

Sorry, damn not given.

My give a damn is busted.
Exactly..

Various forums allow new members, hell and old members to browse and read only what they want to read. It allows threads to be posted in places where they can receive specific traffic for specific answers, not 'I'm not sure but that sounds right'
Really.. It's not like there are several hundred forums..
Join some other forums, example, join a Mustang forum, a Camaro forum.. Even those have several subs..
If you just want 'brand A' threads, joining a 'brand A' forum.. Or a specific type of gun forum.. They're out there.
My point is given the many many types if firearms, this place is actually very clean and uncluttered compared to how it could be..

Op, I know you don't wanna reinvent the wheel here, just round the edges a bit, right? Given the responses here and lack of response from admin it's possible your going at it wrong, it's something that's controlled by factors beyond just our opinions(members).. There are all types of factors that go in when laying out and maintaining a forum..
Like a good friend of mine said to me once.. 'If you don't understand, it may not be for you to understand'

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6748 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Lol whoops! And praise Allah.
Exactly what the terrorists said when Obama got into power.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Exactly..

Various forums allow new members, hell and old members to browse and read only what they want to read. It allows threads to be posted in places where they can receive specific traffic for specific answers, not 'I'm not sure but that sounds right'
Really.. It's not like there are several hundred forums..
Join some other forums, example, join a Mustang forum, a Camaro forum.. Even those have several subs..
If you just want 'brand A' threads, joining a 'brand A' forum.. Or a specific type of gun forum.. They're out there.
My point is given the many many types if firearms, this place is actually very clean and uncluttered compared to how it could be..

Op, I know you don't wanna reinvent the wheel here, just round the edges a bit, right? Given the responses here and lack of response from admin it's possible your going at it wrong, it's something that's controlled by factors beyond just our opinions(members).. There are all types of factors that go in when laying out and maintaining a forum..
Like a good friend of mine said to me once.. 'If you don't understand, it may not be for you to understand'
Good points. I used to lurk around on (and contributed quite a lot) http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/index.php and that place has some serious issues! Lots of rules and BS that really (in my opinion) diminishes the effectiveness of the forum as a tool for enthusiasts to gain knowledge. Some time ago a guy mentioned that many members were just plain rude when they wos. uld flame a guy for "not using the search function" when the search function doesn't work for sh!t, or if they already had done so but the answers that they had generated did not help. When I stated my support of the one guy's criticisms I was flamed for it. Not to be egotistical, but I do have a great deal of knowledge that would be (and had, up to the point, been) useful to the membership there. Screw them. Bunch of A-holes.

Point being, lots of forums on the internet stink on ice. This one doesn't. Having a little "clutter" in the form of a few threads that you don't visit is, in my opinion, a small annoyance to a small number of u

Quote:
Fathead00 Likes This 
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #70

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Exactly what the terrorists said when Obama got into power.
Wow...now that's one thing I agree with 100%