Forms that shouldn't be - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Forms that shouldn't be

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
You obviously miss the point. I'm not dogging anyone's choice in gun, just stating there's little reason to have subfora for them.
Quote:
Fine, but create a separate section for them. Don't plague the semi auto with them. Is too much, simple as that. Put them in a forum of their own, or subforum, rather v than sub, sub, subforum where they are now. It's already specified enough. Truly ridiculous.
Sounds like you have a really good handle on how things should be. Start your own forum. It can be "Beyond TheBox's Fave's and some other crap nobody cares about."

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Sounds like you have a really good handle on how things should be. Start your own forum. It can be "Beyond TheBox's Fave's and some other crap nobody cares about."
Again you make it something it something its not. What's your deal vkingpop? I think you're reading WAYYYY too far into things. Or perhaps I'm not making my point clearly enough. Though I find that hard when the words are very clearly stated and layed out lacking not in punctuation...
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 AM   #43

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I agree completely.....it's exactly the way it should be. It's laid out in such a way that you can read about specific guns. Very helpful if you need to post a question or look for opinions. If they were scattered amid the forum your questions could get lost easily in the shuffle. The way it is now creates some assurance that owners of the same mfg. will see your question.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
I agree completely.....it's exactly the way it should be. It's laid out in such a way that you can read about specific guns. Very helpful if you need to post a question or look for opinions. If they were scattered amid the forum your questions could get lost easily in the shuffle. The way it is now creates some assurance that owners of the same mfg. will see your question.
Again, fine, but move it from general semi auto. That's my main problem with it.

Don't get me wrong, I think most of them are ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary, but that's because I think the guns are overrated. Didn't mean I'm against them having a specific forum, just against it being where it is mucking the semiautomatic forum. They're diluting the waters!

Especially having an m&p and s&w. How absurd and laughable.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #45

Quote:

My comment wasn't directed at you...it was for the circular logic displayed by BTB
Nothing circular about my logic. Perhaps a lack of full disclosure, but far from your poor and incompetent diagnosis.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #46

Where else would you put semi-auto guns? What do you shoot, by the way?

Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #47

Quote:
Nothing circular about my logic. Perhaps a lack of full disclosure, but far from your poor and incompetent diagnosis.
Are you sure that you should be insulting me? After all, I'm not the idiot thinking that semi-auto's shouldn't be in the semi-auto forum.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #48

Quote:
Where else would you put semi-auto guns? What do you shoot, by the way?
Talking about semi auto is fine, in semi auto, but plaguing the first full page of it with subfora is absolutely absurd to me.

I shoot semiautomatic only. Handgun only. This this is my home here, hence perturbation with all this. But then again, you probably don't understand. Surprise.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #49

Quote:

Are you sure that you should be insulting me? After all, I'm not the idiot thinking that semi-auto's shouldn't be in the semi-auto forum.
You only further prove my point. Utter incompetence in assessment. Disgustingly so. A simpletons view is more apt. I quit, deaf ears are usually intentional.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #50

Quote:
Talking about semi auto is fine, in semi auto, but plaguing the first full page of it with subfora is absolutely absurd to me.

I shot semiautomatic only. Handgun only. This this is my home here, hence perturbation with all this. But then again, you probably don't understand. Surprise.
Like I said, somebodys meds have run out. I"m not going to argue with you, you're just wrong. But it's your opinion and that is all that matters....at least to you.
Personally I'd like to see a sub-forum for EVERY semi-auto made. That would greatly speed things up when looking for advice or reviews on a certain gun. And if that pissed you off, that would be a bonus.