FNX-9 Recent Experience - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FNX-9 Recent Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman1911
Very unfortunate. My fnp 45 shoots great. Always did, right from the box. One of my finest handguns, imo. Deadly accurate and right on the front sight.
AGREED. I love my Fnp tactical. Over 1300 RNDS without a single flaw, and it is a tac driver...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 01-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry to hear of your FNX problems. I have a FNX40 that can shoot better than me. I asked a friend at a turkey shoot to shoot it for me and let me know his thoughts. He really was impressed, got a higher score with my FNX than he did with his custom Glock that he runs in 3 gun competition. So I learned my 50 year old eyes are a bad as thought, but my gun is as good as I thought it was. I trust my FNX after @1500 rounds with no problems. Others may have a negative experience, don't ask me about my new Marlin... sometimes its the luck of the draw.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #13

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

If you think your 50 year old eyes are bad wait till you hit 63!

The eye doctors keep telling me "For a man of your age you have good vision" but I still can't see very well.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #14

Dang I wonder whats goin on there. My FNP40 and FN Five Seven have both been extremely reliable and dead accurate.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #15
CQB

Before getting rig of my FNX9 I was able to let two other people test fire the firearm to see if they could do any better. Bottom line is that their experience was equal to or worse than my shot groups. I sold it at a loss. This "lemon" is now circulating within other gun aficionado circles and despite FN's reputation this will not represent them very well.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
CQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
Sorry to hear of your FNX problems. I have a FNX40 that can shoot better than me. I asked a friend at a turkey shoot to shoot it for me and let me know his thoughts. He really was impressed, got a higher score with my FNX than he did with his custom Glock that he runs in 3 gun competition. So I learned my 50 year old eyes are a bad as thought, but my gun is as good as I thought it was. I trust my FNX after @1500 rounds with no problems. Others may have a negative experience, don't ask me about my new Marlin... sometimes its the luck of the draw.
I fully agree with your comments....especially about the luck of the draw. Flawed firearms can be produced by any company and my personal feeling is that quality companies back their product with actions not words. In this case I received double talk and false promises.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #17

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I can't speak as to your results, but I just got my FNP 45 Tactical. Plate shoot yesterday after coming back from the shop and cleaning/oiling it. Shot great and was very natural. Going to check it out on paper in a couple days. My other friend loves his FNX-9.

Sorry to hear about your service at FNH. That makes me hope mine never has any issues.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
CQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
I can't speak as to your results, but I just got my FNP 45 Tactical. Plate shoot yesterday after coming back from the shop and cleaning/oiling it. Shot great and was very natural. Going to check it out on paper in a couple days. My other friend loves his FNX-9.

Sorry to hear about your service at FNH. That makes me hope mine never has any issues.
A good friend bought a FNP 45 Tactical and it is great. I guess I got a lemon.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #19

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the FNX40 and its probably the best pistol I have. Nob issues what so ever. Sorry bout your issues with yours.