Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   FNX-9 Recent Experience (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fnx-9-recent-experience-54231/)

CQB 12-27-2011 02:52 PM

FNX-9 Recent Experience

2 Attachment(s)
I recently purchased a FNX-9 and was grossly disappointed with the firearm and service from FNH-USA. The handgun shot very poorly out of the box and had to return it for “repairs”. My new purchase was gone for a little over a month and I was out an additional $50 for shipping one way. The end result was the factory repair only slightly corrected the issue. Their comment was that this is a combat handgun and not a competition “race” gun. I fully understand the difference; however, I have never had an issue qualifying with the Government Issue 1911 or M9 during my 26 years of military service.

Allow me to qualify this statement a little more…. I was not a desk jockey while on active duty but rather an Airborne Ranger Infantry Officer who participated in more than one “combat scenario” in 26 years of service.
If this is the best that FNH-USA can produce, then they sacrificed their reputation for the sake of reliability over accuracy. I assume their competition will fare much better should the military-sidearm ever have to be replaced.

To add insult to injury, I was not offered an additional magazine, hat, shirt or anything else as a “thanks for your patience” gift despite my asking. I eventually was offered the installation of night sites if I sent the sites and handgun back…No thanks! I opted to sell it at a loss to avoid the aggravation rather than spending another $50 dollars for questionable results.

Bottom line: I do not recommend FNH-xxx to anyone. Quality and service are poor in my opinion.

JonM 12-27-2011 03:21 PM

the couple of times ive rented fnh 9mm and 45acp handguns they have been spot on at 15 yards knocking the center out of the bullseye. my complaint with them has always been p@ss poor ergonomic layout for my personal tastes. they have hung buttons and switches on every square inch of the things. they were accurate guns, not match grade mind you but right along side the glock competition models ive shot.

my preference is for the 1911 and springfield xdm series.

from those targets it looks like the rear sight needs a tap to get it centered and switch ammo for a higher poi if you want it dead on.

CQB 12-27-2011 03:30 PM

Appreciate the feedback. I had the sights "fixed" at the factory as well as using three different flavors of ammo. Bottom line is that if someone has to radically change the way they shoot then I suggest it a firearm issue.... I would have to aim at your right shoulder to get a center of mass impact. not exactly ideal.

My preferences are the 1911 as well however I needed something for a small framed person such as my wife.. This was to be her travel firearm.

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 03:31 AM

Very unfortunate. My fnp 45 shoots great. Always did, right from the box. One of my finest handguns, imo. Deadly accurate and right on the front sight.

Jstrong 12-29-2011 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeman1911
Very unfortunate. My fnp 45 shoots great. Always did, right from the box. One of my finest handguns, imo. Deadly accurate and right on the front sight.

Same with my fnp-45, I love mine the only thing i can critique is that the ejection is a bit weak for my tastes... but I guess if I had to police my brass in a hurry I wouldn't have to look far

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 03:54 AM

Yes, weak ejection with range ammo I'd a result of a firearm that is built to withstand a plethora of plus p rounds. Extra tough recoil spring plus pushing back on the hammer. I don't worry about it because I've never had one fail to eject. I also handload, so I just amp up the powder slightly if need be, but my economical load works the slide just fine.

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 03:55 AM

Is, not I'd. Sp*

JonM 12-29-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CQB (Post 660822)
Appreciate the feedback. I had the sights "fixed" at the factory as well as using three different flavors of ammo. Bottom line is that if someone has to radically change the way they shoot then I suggest it a firearm issue.... I would have to aim at your right shoulder to get a center of mass impact. not exactly ideal.

My preferences are the 1911 as well however I needed something for a small framed person such as my wife.. This was to be her travel firearm.

I would suggest the xdm 9mm 19+1 with a very small grip for a double stack. My wife got me into the xdm series she picked it over fnh glock m&p berreta sig 1911.

Its worth taking her out to rent one

Wolfeman1911 12-29-2011 04:25 AM

I like my xdms, but the sharp edges are a little but much for concealed carry in my opinion. Got to be too many holsters and clothing with holes from front sights and chamber indicators and slide cocking serration edges. Great for open carry and the range though.

mcb 12-29-2011 01:54 PM

My father recently bought an fnx9 it had several ftf malfunctions, fnh replaced it and the new one shot flawlessly but not accurately. He traded it at a significant loss for a gp100. He is an older guy and was not sold on anything with an ounce of polymer now he will never own anything but a revolver.